The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic: 1400s - 1950s for $19.95 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Spotted the newest (and smallest) version on one of the discounted book tables at Barnes & Noble.
At $19.95, it's a steal. Even if you have the original version, you might want this version for your coffee table. You can comfortably allow friends to flip through its pages without worrying about them carelessly marring your copy.
I've been waiting for this version. I figured it was coming since they did a similar (3 different versions) thing for the Circus book.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I guess my original version is worth about $50 now on the re-sale market Smile
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Fear not. The original edition is out of print and a collectible. I doubt the resale value will ever be less than what you paid. The cheaper editions are abridged versions of the original. Original: 670 pages. Cheaper version: 544 pages. Cheapest version: 384 pages. The cheaper versions also have smaller pages.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Hope you're right, Stan. Otherwise I've got a fine doorstopper.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I have the original as well as the $19.99 version just purchased last weekend. The original I have see sold for over $500.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I just got my $19.99 version last week, as well. It's definitely easier to handle than my original one; but there's something about the big one that I love. I just need a better way to display it.
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Norm Nielsen crafts a specific table/stand for the large book. It is the same one depicted on the cover. It sells for ~$2,500. It is on his website. I believe his wife is the crafts woman on these.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Peckham wrote:
Norm Nielsen crafts a specific table/stand for the large book. It is the same one depicted on the cover. It sells for ~$2,500. It is on his website. I believe his wife is the crafts woman on these.

Yes. Lupe Nielsen is a wonderful wood worker. The Keller Table is very beautiful, and for anyone interested in Nielsen products, handmade magic or woodworking, following her on her Facebook page is a good way to keep up to date on what she's doing. Her work continues the Nielsen Quality level. Amazing stuff.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic: 1400s - 1950s for $19.95 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL