The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Singularity by Patrick Kun (Impromptu Anniversary Waltz) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Hello everyone,

Just want to share you my impromptu version on the anniversary waltz plot. I've always been fascinated with the moving ink effect. Singularity is an impromptu anniversary waltz routine that you can perform anytime, anywhere and leave the spectator with something impossible to always remember you by. Hope you like it.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/oNcGClqgrxE

Download: http://www.patrickkun.com/shop/singularity
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
92 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Patrick,

you mean my version of impromptu version on the anniversary waltz plot which I first published in 2000 and is credited in Genii. Your version is almost identical to mine in looks and sequence except, mine is 100% impromptu and the spectators can freely choose their selection. Before the effect even starts. I still have a bitter taste when I contacted you about this and the way you handled it. This is my effect. You are making money off my hard work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my videos!

email: inventivemagic@gmail.com
YT: www.youtube.com/InventiveMagic
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/inventivemagic
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrianAMelchiorre
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you Brian. Shame on you Patrick.
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
The first signature vanished already when the JH was angle jogged!
Independent creation or copy I can't comment on the history.
I just thought the presentation was a little tardy considering its for sale...blue backs didn't help either with the signature visibility on camera
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Brian, where is yours available please? I'm interested.
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
92 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
For those wanting to see the actual demo of Sign Fuze. I recorded one of the variations and put it up on YouTube. I don't have a spectator to perform for currently so I apologize for that.

https://youtu.be/ChCI77d_kls

To answer your other questions...

My first published version of this effect is on my DVD back in 2000 along with updated handlings released in 2002 and 2004. While it is still available on my website, I don't really sell them anymore because I'm gearing up to re-release a lot of older effects with updated handlings as well as many new effects. So I will probably be taking everything off my site as well as completely redesigning it as soon as I have the time.

Although the versions on my DVD are a different handling than Singularity, the effect is the same. The spectator chooses a card and signs it, the opposite side of a different card is signed and the signature is pulled off one card and fused onto the other. My effect is called Sign Fuze. In 2013 I updated my handling to streamline the effect, but never released it as I stopped releasing magic in 2004 to start my IT business. The new handling is the same in appearance as Singularity, with the exception that it is 100% impromptu, the spectator can name any card before the start of the effect and hold that signed card in their hand throughout the entire effect and another card can be freely selected and held by the other spectator, with the signature showing. And I pull off the signature from one card and place it into the other leaving one card clean and the other with both signatures and everything can be immediately examined. There's three handlings I teach where the second spectator can choose their selection from a face down spread, face up spread or by calling stop during a riffle.

Now while Patrick claims his handling is different like one might have a different version of an Ambitious Card routine, from a spectators point of view, if we both performed each of our versions, they would not know the difference between either of them. That's how similar they are. He actually said there was no way to know of my work and because I didn't have my newest handling published anywhere, which is understandable, so he is going to keep selling Singularity. All I really wanted was some sort of credit or acknowledgement. Since it costs too much to get into a legal battle and the code of honor obviously doesn't apply, I just let it go.

BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
92 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
I might add the other reason why I was a little annoyed is that Patrick claimed it was impromptu and can be performed at a moments notice, but it's not impromptu. There is a setup. Although, the setup is very simple, you have to misdirect if you are being scrutinized. Or take a few seconds before you walk over and perform. With a truly impromptu effect, when I actually hear the words impromptu I expect you to be able to take even a brand-new deck out of the package and perform in effect. That's what impromptu means.

Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
If the handling is different then what are you complaining about? You didn't invent the idea of doing Anniversary Waltz with normal cards.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
I watched both videos and I didn't think either were particularly revolutionary... Just seemed like different handlings with relatively common sleights being used to address the same plot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Singularity by Patrick Kun (Impromptu Anniversary Waltz) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL