The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kiss of death by mark strivings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
A chair routine with a kick! Quite possibly the most flexible chair routine in existence.

Here’s basically what happens.

There has been a murder! Five of them, in fact. Sadly, each victim was a woman. And police have received a tip that the main suspect is in the audience. Five chairs are seen onstage and five people are brought forward to sit in any chair they desire. It’s a line up! And we are going to see if we can find the killer!

(By the way, I know this sounds ominous, and indeed it can most definitely be played that way. But I play this for huge comedy all the way. And trust me, this brings out gales of laughter! Back to the routine.)

On a side table are five small ‘evidence’ bags. As each suspect sits in a chair, the main officer (that’s you!) makes a notation on one of the bags. After each suspect is in place they are given large cards bearing the numbers 1-5 on them, each taking any number they desire.

From this point forward you can do literally ANYTHING you want! Interview the suspects and move them around based on their answers. Have them all dance and relocate to a different chair randomly. Play ‘hot potato’ with the number cards, passing from person to person until the music stops. Quite literally anything you can dream up, you can do.

By the end there is no doubt that the five suspects are in a genuinely random order in the chairs, and each has a truly random numbered card.

The performer now reveals they he had written a number on each of the ‘evidence’ bags that have been on display since the start of the line up, and gives each suspect their respective numbered bags based on the random number they now each hold.

It is explained that the killer would leave a ‘calling card’ of sorts at the crime scene after each dastardly event. They would take a tube of lipstick used by the unfortunate victim, apply it to their own lips and leave a ‘kiss of death’ at the crime scene.

In the five evidence bags are the five tubes of lipstick that were found at each crime scene. These are all removed by the suspects. Nothing else is in the bags. One by one the suspects each twist the lipstick, extending the colored lip balm. However, one of the lipsticks is uniquely different. Instead of lipstick extending from the tube, an actual bullet comes out!

At this point each suspect is told to turn the chair they have been sitting on around so that the back is visible. There, on the back of the chairs for all to see, are very large reproductions of the murderer’s lip prints, and each color matches the tube of lipstick that the suspect had assigned to him from the beginning! But WAIT! The suspect whose lipstick was in reality a bullet has something distinctly different. No lips prints, but instead a large skull and crossbones! We have our killer!

But it doesn’t stop there.

It is pointed out that the five digits that have been exchanged and mixed several times over actually now form a five digit number, which, it turns out, will be the killers I.D. number when they go to prison (let’s say it’s #34251). At this point you can take a five person mug shot (‘Now turn to your left’) along with the numbers. Talk about a Kodak moment!

But wait, there’s more!

A sealed letter is removed and opened. It’s from the Governor! It would seem he has decided to pardon prisoner #34251 (it says exactly that!) and set them free! All five suspects are returned to their seats to thunderous applause.

My friends, this is more fun than ought to be legal. Plus it’s an incredible mystery. Here’s the biggest kicker of all. It’s so easy to do it’s almost criminal (pun intended)!

You get everything you need to perform this amazing demonstration. The lipsticks are the centerpiece of the entire set and they are a thing of beauty. These are not merely lipsticks, but they have been transformed into lifetime professional props. The ‘lip balm’ inner colored portion of each lipstick has been removed and replaced with a synthetic insert which will never smear, melt, decay or discolor. It will last a lifetime of performances. 

And then there is ‘the’ lipstick. This lipstick has had the insides removed as well, but then replaced with an actual bullet. Now, for those of you who may be concerned, this bullet, while being very real, is actually a ‘prop’ bullet like what is used in movies. It is absolutely real in every way, but contains not even a whiff of gun powder and cannot be fired in any way, ever, under any circumstances. It is absolutely 100% safe.

You also get the colored lip prints for the backs of the chairs, including a unique and very simple means to attach them to virtually any chair you may encounter. You get the five large laminated number cards. You get the evidence bags. You even get the pencil to write the numbers on them at the beginning of the routine. It’s all there.

And then there’s the kicker, the letter from the Governor! The ending you read above is only one of THREE possible kicker endings that I supply for you. These will be sent to you in PDF form so that you can print a new one with each performance.

READ THIS CAREFULLY! This incredible routine is available right now as a preorder only. The expected shipping date is Monday, October 5, a mere ten days from now. PLUS as of this writing there are only TEN units available. Once they are gone it may be awhile before there is a chance to put together another run. Any units not spoken for will be taken to MINDvention in Las Vegas (you ARE going, right?), and are certain to be snatched up there. The bottom line is simple, do not wait if you are interested in this extremely limited release item.

This is not cheap, nor should it be. This is a professional routine in every way. Plus the props are amazing. The sheer volume of work that goes into every set is unbelievable, but it insures that you have a set of props that you can absolutely count on for life. This can easily be the feature of your show and you can perform it will absolute confidence that it will deliver every time.

For a routine of this magnitude and for props that are utterly professional from the ground up, I could easily charge much more than I am. You get it all plus the complete manuscript detailing everything you need to know to make this routine a laugh-riot in your show.

Anyone have this, reviews.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
No reviews?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I didn't read the post but I thought it was a review. Maybe it's the price. Only configured for the pros.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kiss of death by mark strivings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL