The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Apollo version Charming Chinese Challenge (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Does anyone do the Apollo version of Charming Chinese Challenge? I am having trouble with angles. In the video, the dirty coin is clearly visible. PM me or I can post in secret sessions if you like.
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
Gomerel,
Any talk about any version of chinese challenge really gets me excited. I am studying Lance Pierce's version right now and have to order Troy Hoosier's DVD. I love the concept and trick that much! I was looking at a review of the DVD and and it states "Apollos is better for a standing audience." I'm not sure what that means because I don't have the DVD yet. I hope that has helped a little bit. Maybe you already knew that. I will be keeping an eye on this thread because when I get the DVD I might have the same question. Thanks for bringing up the subject. It's not talked about nearly enough in my opinion.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Joshua Jay has an inexpensive download of him performing the Charming Chinese Challenge. This version is actually VERY good. IMO it leaves nothing to be desired. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I am getting the hang of it. Using heavier coins than suggested for the basic routine.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Motor City wrote:
Joshua Jay has an inexpensive download of him performing the Charming Chinese Challenge. This version is actually VERY good. IMO it leaves nothing to be desired. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Where? I couldn't find it on Vanishing Inc.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I found a You Tube video; its a performance, not an instructional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5C3HSYAeh8
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
When you say "Apollo's verions... Are you referring to an "independent routine" by Apollo, or the techniques Apollo contributed to Troy's CCC video ?
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I am referring to the one on the Troy dvd
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Joshua Jay does have done great ideas especially in the light of using it as a platform type routine. The structure is very similiar to the original he has just seemed to expand it to make it play bigger.
I thought that Appolo just gave a few variations on the routine and not a full routine itself on the DVD or am I mistaken?
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I would say that Apollo's is a different routine. Not actually a whole routine, just one trick. I plan to learn Troy's full routine but Apollo's would fit into that routine, IMHO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Apollo version Charming Chinese Challenge (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL