The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The best mentalism trick on a single special mental card? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hi. I like to find the best possible tricks which are on a single special card which can be in my wallet when I travel. I mean tricks which are not needed deck of cards or another tools but are using a special magic (or mental) card similar like credit card and can be easy with me in my wallet.
Can you help with information about the best tricks like this in your opinion?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Check out:

Paul Carnazzo

Outlaw Effects

Paul Brook's Thought Reader Card.

My personal fav would be a particular Carnazzo card titled "Lexicology."

As you advance with mentalism you may desire to move away from all of these as they look very gimmicky. Trust me when I say you will get better reactions just rewriting them out on loose pieces of paper or business cards...There are tons of ways to justify this.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hi DynaMix. I have all these cards. Probably you are right that if we use a normal business card or a piece of paper the effects gets more great reactions. For example - the Rick Lax's To-Do-Voodoo works perfect to me.

Some other suggestions?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Oh ok, I assumed you were newer to mentalism because of the question (sorry for implying that)...Is there a particular reason you want more?

I think of these all as cool "toys" but I do think they serve better as inspiration, or for casual use, then anything else. I have a bunch as well but don't really use them at paid gigs as I don't want it to seem I have special material "bought" from anywhere... just something to think about.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
To answer your question:

Michael murray (mindfx) has a few, and I remember ran pink having a birthday one I think...
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Probably you mean Rank Pink - BirthRight. I have it. It is nice, but I created even better version which can be used to find a Zodiac, a Birthday and to present more 7-8 effects with a Birthday Calendar on it, some predictions etc. (who know probably some day will share on the market, but still have not time to prepare the manual booklet).

On Mindfx I though to buy Sleuth, but it use a principle by Paul Brook, that's why I bough it (together with 5-6 other mind effects from his website).
I have also almost all effects with mental card from Outlaw Effects.

About your question why I serch for other effects when I have already so many - I don't know, probably search for a perfect one Smile Of course it is not possible to be said which is the best, so probably buying tricks become my hobby and I have more than 400-500 of all kind.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
They are all diffirent. They all do different things. There is no best. Just diffierent.

What's the best kind of car? What's the best kind of blender? What's the best kind of guitar?
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I think the OP meant to ask for "favorite" item rather than "best"...
If it counts as a card I carry Rick Lax's To-Do Voodoo
I also carry Mental Yarn by Bill Goldman which is a twist or knock-off of a Ned Rutledge routine on a single card (front & back)
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Yes, the correct was "favorite" item rather than "best". Thanks! And of course they are different tricks and it is impossible to be selected only one.
To-Do-Voodoo is excellent and I have it always in my wallet. Mental Yarn is also not bad. But is there some similar "single (mental or not) card" tool on the market which include several possible tricks? What I mean - if we have a deck of cards in our pocket we can make soooo many tricks. But usually we do not have a deck of cards always with us. Usually we have our wallet. So I look some multi tricks "single card" tool which can be used for 2-3 tricks where we needed.

For example - I created a single card which can be used for: find Zodiac of the spectator; find his Birthday; there is a special Calendar with cards on dates and the card which is on his Birthday on the calendar can be predicted; also there are some mental tools as number 1089 which can be forsed, also ESP symbols, also masked triangle in a circle (which can be forced and used in mental tricks); a "photo" of deck of cards where is included one more possible trick; also 2-3 more tricks included if you have a deck of cards together with this mental card etc. So I created this card and use it. Probably it can be even more improved. It looks like plastic and is with size as a normal Poker card.

Is there some similar product on the market? Or is there some of you with more experience who can give some idea which tricks can be included on it so we can create it (I have my marketing agency and it is not so big problem to make it - design, print etc.)
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, John C wrote:

What's the best kind of car? What's the best kind of blender? What's the best kind of guitar?

1957 Chevy, Vitamix, no idea.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The best mentalism trick on a single special mental card? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL