The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank Back Brainwave (BBB) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I have made up a Brainwave Deck using a deck of (blank-backed) cards.

The cards are in a white tuck box - spectator is asked to think of a card - hold up the deck and pretend to use it like a camera, taking a 'snapshot' of the spectators mentally thought of card.

It misses the Brainwave kicker (of a different colour back - as all the backs are blank) but the effect is still well worth it.
Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
Where did you find a white tuck box? Or did you make it up yourself?
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Hi Russ

Had it for donkey years and not sure where it came from!
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Iugefu - thanks for the idea. I think I'll try it with one of the blank back decks I have laying around.

Russ - I made a blank box by turning a regular box inside-out. Just carefully separate the glued side edge, then fold the box the opposite way (so the print is on the inside)and re-glue the edge. I have also purchased blank boxes from the site below. The poker size goes for 0.30 cents a box, but you'll need to order a bunch to make it worthwhile with the shipping (standard is $5.99).

http://www.makeplayingcards.com/promotio......xes.html

John
Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
Thanks for the source, John.

I'd thought about inverting a regular box (especially the new style, which so few of us like) but was put off by the fact that there is still printing on the inside of the flap that could/would be visible.

I think I'll invest in a double handful of the blank ones. They have some other items that I might pick up to make the order more worthwhile--the card cases in plastic, and the box with the "window" (surely I can have fun with that one).
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Out with the can tomorrow. Never thought of that, great idea. I had gone idle with the blank back.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Used it in a 'performance situation' for the first time on Sunday - it worked great - and am interested in the feedback of others who may try this out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank Back Brainwave (BBB) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL