The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Card Thru Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I've owned "the animated card through the balloon of death" for over a year now. I feel it's one of the best routines I do. Some items may need to be replaced, but they're easily obtained. This trick has comedy in the form of a "sucker effect", great interaction with the audience, and a knock-out visual penetration for a climax. It doesn't much better than this.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there, I thought this was the Kevin James release and I have performed this trick many years ago and had great success. I have to disagree with Magic chris about this effect...many of us are using it and its a great effect and I didn't mind the set up. I say go for it....Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well you guys have me intrigued. but is a stage effect or can it be performed close-up? I cant get the video to play.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I also can't get it to play either.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
It would work on stage and also for cabaret/parlor magic. Close-up? As in for just 6 people or so? Probably not.

By the way, I've noticed that the "set-up" has received a lot of attention here. I've been doing this one for 10 years and the set-up now takes me, AT THE MOST, 2 minutes. Not a bad price to pay for the the corresponding effect.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Munseys...I agree with you on the set up...Blow, insert,straiten and perform. I am going to have to dig this back out again. I got some great milage on this effect. The best part is it plays really big and packs down to nothing. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I clicked on the link and it took me to Hocus-Pocus site showing Kevin James trick. So how is this a rip-off? Did they change the ad or what? Clicked on the movie link and it did not work.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2005-03-26 01:35, Bill Palmer wrote:
So, let me see, we have a fellow who knocked his performing name off complaining that the trick is a Kevin James ripoff. I see.

I think what he meant was that Kevin James ripped off the magic community by offering this trick. Not that it was a rip-off of a KJ trick.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Card Thru Balloon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL