The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Eat off knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
I am planning on performing for a school "talent" night and happened upon an odd idea but one that could be a lot of fun.

Using it as a quick opening bit. It's magical, funny and well... here it is.

Tie several knots into the appearance of a large knot...place this in your mouth...walk on stage

Tie a dissolving knot... I use the Shoelace rope tie found in Mark Wilsons Cyclpedia of Magic book since it gives quite a large appearance. Lift the rope up,"bite the knot in your mouth, while pulling the ends dissolving the knot. reveal the rope minus the knot, and spit the knot out from your mouth.

What do you think?
Any comments would be appreciated...

Thanks
Nathan
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Sorry Nathan, but putting things into or spitting out of the mouth will turn people off RIGHT NOW!!! It doesn't seem to work anymore.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
I was thinking on the same lines, however, this is not in a restaurant and I'm not handing it to anyone. I believe wording at as spitting it as wrong, I would not hack it up. It doesn't half to be done crudely.

I think "vomiting" up cards would be worse and we all know the well known pro who does that...

However I'll keep your advice in mind...mabye after a trial I'll be proven wrong...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I love it.

I do a "shot and restored" rope trick, where someone shoots (from audience with a blank gun) and the rope break in two and I catch a bullet in my teeth.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Aldo Columbini has something similar in one of his rope routines. I thought it was funny when I saw him do it. I don't think it will turn people off, unless you hit them with the wet knot.

But spitting it off to the side is fine IMO. Especially for a talent night.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Eat off knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL