The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update on Roy Horn (March 3, 2004) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I know a few people have been curious as to the status of Roy Horn after last year's tiger attack. Well, this article was published in an Australian newspaper today. I can't guarantee that it's legitimate, but it does seem fairly reasonable.

STROKE THEORY ON ROY TIGER ATTACK
=================================

Magician and animal trainer Roy Horn, severely mauled on a Las Vegas stage by a tiger five months ago, has recovered enough to say he believes he suffered a stroke which prompted the big cat's actions.

Horn could "walk 500 paces" with the aid of a walking fram, a report in German news magazine 'Der Spiegel' said.

He had recovered the use of his voice enough to say that he now believed he suffered a stroke during the stage show on October 3, his 59th birthday.

Witnesses recall seeing Horn stumble and fall before the 270kg tiger lunged towards him.

The cat's jaws locked on his throat and the animal dragged him from the stage.

At the time, it was assumed the tiger had attacked the dark-haired member of the German born illusionist duo 'Siegfried and Roy'.

But spokeswoman Claudia Dressler told 'Der Spiegel' Horn believes the tiger, Montecore, sensed his distress and carried him off stage as a cat carries a kitten by the nape of its neck.

Horn's partner Siegfried Fischbacher also believes it was an accident, not an attack.

That's the first news I've heard in the last couple of months. If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to post it here ASAP.

Cheers guys!!

-- Topher
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Thanks for sharing that, MagicTopher. That's an interesting article. I'm glad to hear that Roy's doing a little better.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Unfortunately, as is the case with a lot of news on whatever is a hot topic, this report was found to be 100 percent untrue. It was, as Bernie Yuman said, a misunderstanding of what was seen and heard.

He also said that they would continue to not put out much info on Roy's condition. Which is just as well as we, the general public, do not need to know anything more then Roy is doing as well as can be expected.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update on Roy Horn (March 3, 2004) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL