The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost my Magnetic quarter halves..... HELP! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic46
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Magic46
I lost my quarter that was two magnetic quarter halves, I am trying to replace them to no avail. The quarter halves were two quarters that were ground down, then each half had a small circular area ground into it the size of a small disc magnet, which was then inserted(glued) into each half. Both halves would then be held together by the disc magnets. The quarter halves when placed together would look like a regular quarter pretty much. I Tried Johnson's web site but they don't that type of magnetic quarter....... can anyone guide me to a site that carries this type of magnetic quarter?????? P.S. the quarter halves were not shells.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14642

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the bag4life effect?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
There are lots of coins like this, with various names. Depending on the manufacturer, it might be marketed as a "clone coin", a "super coin", or a "split coin". Johnny Wong probably sells something like it, too, but I can't keep track of the subtle differences between his sets.

Or, as tbaer suggests, you could also buy a new routine that comes with the coin, such as the bag4life, if you're interested in that.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Would a TUC coin work?
They're available in quarters and halves.
Search TUC here on the Café. There's tons of info.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I just tried my TUC quarter in the bag4life effect.
While it does work the m***** seems a little weak to use for this reliably.
Ihor
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
It's most often called a Split Coin, but can go by other names as mentioned above.
The other thing is to decide if you want an eagle quarter or one of the newer ones if that is important to you.
I believe it's more difficult to get an eagle now for any type of quarter gaff so hopefully you don't want one of those.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Http://www.kjmagnetics.com/categories.as......odHD8OTQ

PD - you're usually so helpful. What was this one supposed to suggest? Making one himself wasn't really an option.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost my Magnetic quarter halves..... HELP! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL