The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Platinum BIL vanish? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Any ideas why the Platinum BIL thread vanished?
I was genuinely interested in a review. Was there an issue/conflict?

Thanks
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Don't know. I've got one on the way, though. Will post thoughts after it arrives and I've had a chance to try it out.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thanks
I look forward to hearing your thoughts..
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Me also. On the verge of purchasing, just need a nudge.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one seems to read the rules of the Café, and they are available at the top of the Café topics when entering the Café. As far as the topic for this product disappearing, it is simply against the rules of the Café to self promote your own products here on the Café. He started the topic, and was clearly advertising.

The Café sells advertising so the Café can be free to members.

A creator, answering questions to his products is one thing, but starting and promoting it is another.

Advertising is available on the Café for purchase, just contact the Management for details.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
As far as the topic for this product disappearing, it is simply against the rules of the Café to self promote your own products here on the Café. He started the topic, and was clearly advertising.

A creator, answering questions to his products is one thing, but starting and promoting it is another.

Advertising is available on the Café for purchase, just contact the Management for details.

This rule seems to be enforced with a lot of variation. Just look at topic by Kozmo, John Carey, Jon Allen, Jame D. Grant, S-Branham (who works for Penguin and promotes their lectures), Ted French (Paper Crane), Atlas Brookings, Jerome Finley and countless others.

Not that I mind those topics or the creators, but at least be consistent about it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think the (unwritten perhaps?) rule is that if you advertise on the Café such as a banner ad or whatever, you are given a little more wiggle room in promoting your products in posts. I'm not a paid advertiser here and doubt I ever will be but I don't have a problem with paid advertisers getting a few extra perks here. It's very common in all forms of media, unfortunately even in journalism.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Not everyone can have a banner, but you'll find some of these guys make a donation to the Café and get a bit of leeway.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
No one seems to read the rules of the Café, and they are available at the top of the Café topics when entering the Café. As far as the topic for this product disappearing, it is simply against the rules of the Café to self promote your own products here on the Café. He started the topic, and was clearly advertising.

that's such a BS!!! 99% of the post in this sub directory are just pure advertising and in other parts of the forums as well most of the authors are just trying to push their products into conversations. If the hyping isn't started by the author himself then it is started by a friend of his...

Juha-Matti
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Juha-Matti, does not matter what you think, you don't own the Café. Don't have to buy the $500 Banner ad, as they have the smaller ads as well.

Which is better, advertiser paying for your membership, or you paying monthly a fee to post your comments?

The Café just came back from a big crash, do you think there was no cost to bringing the website back up and running again?

This trick was reviewed by World Magic last week, take a look at their review. Kind of so-so and I agree, it is a bit overkill for the BIL trick.

From the book, Maximum Entertainment, this would be considered purely a trick for magicians, trying to over prove the impossible. I don't think the aluminum foil adds anything to the trick.

Still, much depends on the magician being able to setup the trick properly and convincingly, and to present it well.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Mine arrived in the mail today. It's an interesting contraption - bigger than I thought it would be. Seems prettty solidly built. Haven't watched the explanation, yet - having some fun pondering it first, trying to guess the best handling.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

The explanation video is about 45 minutes in length, about half of which is David Penn explaning the handling in English, and half of which is Dominick explaining it in Italian. Even though Dominick speaks Italian, his guidance is pretty clear through his actions on the video. If you like the demo video, that's pretty much what the effect looks like. You'll need a jacket with some extra room on the side - ie, nothing "tailored cut" - unless you want to do the load in another container entirely. But it's really set up for a body load using a jacket and a belt. The contraption, which is solidly built, is too big to fit in a Crown Royal bag. You don't need to use as many layers of wrapping as in the demo (foil, clear plastic bag, opaque outer bag), but being able to do so - adding a "nest of boxes" aspect to the BIL - is the main advantage this gimmick offers. If you like that approach, you'll probably be happy with this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Platinum BIL vanish? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL