The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
What are close up cases actually used for? I am a table hopper, would it better if I took a case to each table? I could perform a lot of things?

Anyone know where I can get a decent one, custom made for magicians?
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
I guess that you could say that they are used to hold your stuff that you both use and do not use when you are not using it. They do not help to carry table to table but are nice to carry your stuff to the place that you are performing. They do make the Slim line Closeup case but it is very smallmaybe a small one is something that you could carry table to table.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
If you're hopping tables, you shouldn't have a case. The stuff should fit in your pockets. If you do need a case, you need to reconsider what tricks you're doing.
procy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of procy
I find it useful to have a case for table hoping, but I leave it in the corner of the resturant e.t.c.. I normally fill it with spares of cards, props e.t.c.. But I agree that you shouldn't need a case to carry around the tables of rhopping e.t.c.
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
I would leave it in back and take a couple of tricks in my pocket
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
For a very expensive, but beautiful close-up case, made especially for magicians, check out "The Gig Rig" at http://www.gigrig.com/.
Dan McLean Jr
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I made my own from a nice toolbox I got at Home Depot (I think it is discontinued). I put foam on the bottome and sites, velcro in the lid, and pockets on the sides. It is beautiful and sturdy.

It was also affordable. The only bad thing is that it isn't a table.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If you need something to actually use while working tables, try a doctor's bag. It's perfect, doesn't take up too much room (no more open than closed), either. Bob James Magic in Illinois used to sell 'em, and so do most dealers. Check ebay. Make sure you check the size, though. All you need to do is cut a piece of foam for the inside to hold props in order.

Steve Thomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL