The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How long to spend at each table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
radiantentertainment
View Profile
Regular user
Donald Collins
112 Posts

Profile of radiantentertainment
Felc bro, I apologize now. I do not hop online often. I did not have time to read the whole thread. I hate to repeat what has been said ot to have typos. Here is my two cents worth!

It doesn't not matter how long you spend at a table in a restaurant! The key is to keep the guests entertained while they wait, or keep them talking about your entertainment while they waiting! One more time.....The key is to keep the guests entertained while they wait, or keep them talking about your entertainment while they are waiting!

As long as the manager sees you distracting the guests from any and every wait, be happy. More importantly distract them from the wait for a table. This is the worst and most important wait and it keeps you out of the way of bussers, servers, and so on.

Look at it from the restaurants perspective. You are the pleasant distraction in between times, times being the waits for whatever. Be it a wait for a table, server, meal, or a check. Make your routines flexibale to where you can step in or out when needs be. You need a climax in a routine at any time. If a server steps up and interupts you, be able to stop and then step back in when they are done. You can not train all the servers not to get in your way. Make each and every routine this way.

When do you go back to a table, When it is in the restaurants best needs. I will go back after the app., salad, soup, main course, and desert. It depends on the wait. I may tell them to see me at the door as they leave if the restaurant if it is very busy! If the restaurant is super busy I may never leave the door. This way you get them coming and going and never have to go to a table.

For a idea of the tricks I do, I do any trick that plays 360 degrees and suits my style. What is that for you. I may warp a effect to fit my style if needs be, and I will stretch it to last as long as needs be.

Forget your old habits, lose them. Make every effect seem as if it is the best in the world. Stretch a single effect to the limit. Most of these people have never and will never see a magician again, If they see you on a regular basis then you really need to stretch it to the limit because you , like me, do not have a unlimited bag of tricks.

Let me know what you think at radiantentertainment@yahoo.com

Don Collins
aka
Tom Collins
Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Less is more.
&
Knock'em dead!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How long to spend at each table? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL