The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Making the Most of Our Time Together (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
136 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
Interested in idea...

As mentioned in my prior post, a few of us have been meeting regularly (as part of DAMM) for about a year. While I believe we all feel that we benefit from these get togethers through practicing, receiving feedback, and sharing ideas... we sometimes wonder if some more structure and/or preparation would benefit us even more. We've tossed around ideas like breaking into smaller groups to go through specific routines... coming prepared with a 3 effect routine to perform and receive feedback on... etc.

I'm curious as to what other small groups of magicians do when they get together in order to maximize the value of the group.
Tada!...

Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
New Orleans has both an SAM ASSEMBLY and, an IBM RING. Both have "existed" for EONS. Many of the "old timers" have passed on, or are unable to attend meetings. They are "lucky" if more than a half dozen show up at a meeting.

Years ago, Jon Racherbaumer started a 'Monday Night" meeting. It's very casual in a restaurant. (They put us in a quiet corner.) There's NO BUSINESS MEETING! No due$.

It's a JAM session, mostly guys interested in close up and/or parlor. No "rules".

"Unstructured" seems to work best.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I love Session's I think more gets done there! Smile Then After " Face Time" IE Going out and working For Layman Is Always The BEST !!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
136 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
It looks like this topic didn't resonate with as many magicians as I had expected! More basic question, maybe... How, if at all, do most of the readers here "socialize" or "interact with" other magicians? If you don't, is there a reason why? Are you concerned about sharing "secrets"/"techniques"? Don't have the opportunity to? Just don't feel the need to? More curious than anything, as I was more interested in my original post.

Smile
Tada!...

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have 2-3 Guys I get Together with Every Sat. Night To go trou The Marlo Mag's From Like 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. or so! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Making the Most of Our Time Together (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL