The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table hopping card trick (in hands) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Any card effects that bring the audience in. I like Lepaul's a Quadlipict Mystery out of the card magic of lepual...

Here you can have 4 - 6 people select a card at the same time and then THEY find it in the deck...

Also with the ambitous card I have everyone at the table put their name on it. It slows things down but I make a joke out of it taking so long by saying I get paied by the hour...

Sometimes I say the line because I get paied by the hour sign it twice!

I like effects that you can do in the spectators hands and the kind that draws them in.

I hope this helps.

Glenn Bishop
http://www.mrhypnotist.org
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1
OZ Pearlman's "Biddle Trick" is also very good. There is a Jay Sankey effect called "Bodyguards" that people really enjoy.
"Master of the Obvious"
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Anniversary Waltz is great, but it requires a table. Shoot Ogawa's Anniversary Salsa eliminates the table and is exceptionally clean. Bill Malone's Favorite Opener, which uses the spectator's hands, also works well. A nice Ambitious Card routine would also be nice. The Cultural XChange (Shoot Ogawa and Apollo Robbins) series has some wonderful, visual card magic that can be done without a table (I actually USE this stuff).
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Ambitous card...is a great stand alone trick..and should be done as end of any routine....Daryl's card revelations....shows a lot of simple tricks done with cards...such as sandwich effects, spelling tricks..or just Daley's last trick.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
Alan Gold
View Profile
Regular user
Key West, FL
149 Posts

Profile of Alan Gold
Quote:
On 2004-03-18 05:56, giochi wrote:
Check out Fenik's "The Mexican Revolution" It fooled the s*** out of me the first time I saw it:

I just watched that video. Twice. All I have to say is WOW! And....WOW! Very very impressive. And I know I am on some hefty cough medicine, and my brain is not being all it could be, but I just flat out couldn't figure (most of) that out.

:-)

Alan
Remember: Al G. is just another way to say pond scum.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I've started using the Svengali deck. Looks like mega sleight of hand, doesn't need a table and is perfect eye candy magic...perfect for walkaround. And before anyone asks, in about 6 months I haven't had anyone say they know how it works
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Oz Pearlman (don't kill me, please) does this amazingly easy and stupid trick that nevertheless has a killer effect on audiences. Nobody has ANY idea how you do it. Basically the effect is this: you have ace through four packet of any suit in your hand, and one by one they turn face down--it's not twisting the aces/twisting the whatever, because each previously facedown card turns face up when the next one turns face down. It's scary easy and magicians may shun it, but it gets better reactions than Twisting The Aces.
Alan Gold
View Profile
Regular user
Key West, FL
149 Posts

Profile of Alan Gold
DJ, I dare say that in the right hands, such as perhaps yours, things like the Svengali deck can be deadly. I know a fellow down here who does things with the Svengali deck that are just amazing. I have never seen him called on it by a spectator. It's not for everyone, but it works for him, and apparently you. Once again proof that a majority of the magic comes from the magician, not from the trick itself.

Alan
Remember: Al G. is just another way to say pond scum.
jmmagic
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
70 Posts

Profile of jmmagic
I use Jay Sankey's Back in Time it is a great in the hands trick that gets a very big reaction.
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
Quote:
On 2004-04-01 05:15, Alan Gold wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-03-18 05:56, giochi wrote:
Check out Fenik's "The Mexican Revolution" It fooled the s*** out of me the first time I saw it:

I just watched that video. Twice. All I have to say is WOW! And....WOW! Very very impressive. And I know I am on some hefty cough medicine, and my brain is not being all it could be, but I just flat out couldn't figure (most of) that out.

Alan

I just watched the video and I figured it out. Does he use gaffed cards? Because if he dosn't, I think I know a handling where you don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table hopping card trick (in hands) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL