The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Now Available-THE ENTERTAINER'S BUSINESS TOOLKIT-The 3rd Release In The Entertainer's Success Series (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
Hi Mindpro, received your product and had just enough time to do a quick scan before my printer died. I've scanned your material and from what I can see, it is very complete and valuable to both the beginner and seasoned pro. I'm sorry others like to nit-pick. I found your post informative. How else would one find such valued information at such a reasonable fee. Thanks, Bill
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
 Ed, no, none of these releases pertain to helping performers understand how to educate a potential client on how entertainment is purchased? The "don't ask" reference was referring to my materials only available as of now to my higher priced releases exclusively for coaching students and consulting clients. It would not be right to offer something here for free or in a more accessible version that they are paying premium price for. I hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense! No problems with that -- just wanted to ask.
(Wish I could afford the coaching!)

Cheers!
Ed
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2016, Bill Scott wrote:
Hi Mindpro, received your product and had just enough time to do a quick scan before my printer died. I've scanned your material and from what I can see, it is very complete and valuable to both the beginner and seasoned pro. I'm sorry others like to nit-pick. I found your post informative. How else would one find such valued information at such a reasonable fee. Thanks, Bill

The agendas get in the way of valuable information too often here.

Having a template to walk into a professional with is a money saving resource right there.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
This is probably some of the most valuable information on this site. I'm looking forward to ordering my copy!
Ray Pierce
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I think things like this can have a lot of value for several different reasons. First, you have a ready made form (be it a contract, invoice, whatever) that you can take and use immediately. Second, if you make your own forms these will often touch upon an area you haven't covered and perhaps didn't consider initially. Lastly, if you have never used tools like this in your business it will expose and educate you on an area that you might not be familiar with....even if you choose not to use it in your business just the knowledge provides value.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The obvious problem is that it doesn't fit the agenda of those with no intention but to bash mindpro.

It is actually a very good idea. Getting this information on your own would be very costly. Not having it at all could be even more so. Just having a starting point for what to put in a rider and how some of these things need to look is very helpful.

I have seen some contacts written by people who think they know and it is sad. Just templates for how these things work and function is very valuable information.

Few if any would use every form. So what? Having access to these things can really give one a head start.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2016, Mindpro wrote:
Josh is correct, none of this info is for you. It is not for the $5000 performer turned kids party performers that tend to believe they know it all better.

In the original post... Mindpro wrote:
"Truth be told, if you perform for money on any level at all, you need these resources."

So which is it?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Read what you quoted again. More there than you think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, JordanB wrote:
I think things like this can have a lot of value for several different reasons. First, you have a ready made form (be it a contract, invoice, whatever) that you can take and use immediately. Second, if you make your own forms these will often touch upon an area you haven't covered and perhaps didn't consider initially. Lastly, if you have never used tools like this in your business it will expose and educate you on an area that you might not be familiar with....even if you choose not to use it in your business just the knowledge provides value.

All so very true. This is the exact point. I will also add, most of us at some point will find ourselves in a situation of immediate need. I remember the first time a company requested an invoice for my services years ago. I explained the contract is usually used as or in place of an invoice. The lady politely told me "the approval and signing of the contract is handled by one department, but the issuing of payments were handled by another. The one handling payments required an invoice to do so." Thus was simply their inner-structure and if you wanted to do business with them this is how you had to play.

Same for many fairs, festivals and theme parks. The may require a bid submission or formal proposal in writing. This Entertainer's Business Toolkit is designed as a reference resource in such situations. Sure you can prepare yourself by having such forms and tools ready before they are needed, that is definitely one way this resource works. But also as a continual reference resource in your business library for use when someone you are currently dealing with needs or requires something immediately. Someone has just paid you in advance for your upcoming booking. They request a receipt. If you normally didn't have one available or prepared, boom, you go to the toolkit and there it is ready for use as-is or as a template for creating your own as needed.

These are just two examples, as their are really many, many more. You have nailed in concisely on the head. As I said earlier these are tools every performer and entertainment business on all levels can and will likely utilize.

Just the thinking and realization of many of the tools is thought-provoking and food fpr thought about how such things could or should pertain to your business. I have heard many "I never thought of having that ___________, but I can see how this would be quite helpful to my business." Then of course as chariecheckers mentioned, there is the professionalism of how it can make you and your business look to your customers and clients (increases value or at least perceived value). Also how to effectively communicate through the use of these tools and resources.

These are all many difference ways to use and benefit form these and different uses and applications. Trust me, there are also many more.

Several months ago in the Fall, a entertainment business purchased my Press & Media For Entertainers Book. They were an inflatable bounce-house business. They used the methods and generated about $6,000 in free press and media coverage on their local television, radio and hometown regional magazine. One of the media outlets (a magazine) requested a Photo Release. Boom, this is in the toolkit. No sweat, no panic, no scowering the Internet for "something close" that they would have to change, modify and adapt from another industry, they would simply have it in their toolkit.

Many of Danny's thoughts and observations here have also been spot on. To those currently operating a performing business, the understanding and significance is seen immediately, for amateurs, hobbyists or beginners that have not gotten to the point of needing these tools, you likely will as soon as you start performing for paying clients or customers.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Only many of my thoughts and observations? Why not all? I am am crushed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I didn't want to give off the wrong impression. Tom has already come to thinking you were making a commission off of each sale and were somehow in cohoots with me, lol.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
and were somehow in cohoots with me

I knew it!! :8>)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oops.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Now Available-THE ENTERTAINER'S BUSINESS TOOLKIT-The 3rd Release In The Entertainer's Success Series (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL