The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Electronic sound system for shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hypn
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hypn
I am sure this thread has been discussed before, but then again the market might have also changed. I am looking for an easy way to operate my music from the stage.

I remember a few members were using a wireless pocket system and although a sound technician would be my preference, many small corporate functions make it pointless.

Please share if you are using a remote system, it's successes, failures, possible problems (failure to change tracks) and more.

Appreciated

Andre
Andre The Hilarious Hypnotist
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-MediaRemot......h+remote

This can run your phone or ipod. Cheap, reliable. Just run the headphone jack to the sound board.

It will also work with android.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
A friend of mine uses a pretty nice set up, but it will only work with i-Devices. He has two speakers with bluetooth capability, connected to an iPad with ShowCues installed on it, which he has mounted onto the back of one of the speakers. Remote goes in his pocket or attached to the inside of his jacket near where his hand would casually hang. ShowCues gives him automated fading and such and a visual cue to make sure he's on spot with his audio cues.

It works well for him.

David London has talked about using the GoButton app, an iPhone, and the AirTurn Digit II remote. That one has some nice features in that the app will do automated crossfading, so if you have music that you want to seem is continuous for the whole show, it does that.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
hypn
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hypn
Thanks Guys - two great options to consider. I am a MAC man , so the fist might be the beter
Andre The Hilarious Hypnotist
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
I run my whole show wirelessly from my Android phone or tablet through the house sound system, with this Bluetooth adapter.

I also use iSync, which uses WiFi to send my music library from my PC to my Android devices.

The adapter is smaller than a pack of cigarettes, and using iSync on my PC to organize sound makes customizing shows a breese.

I hope that some of you find value in this set up, as having my show on my phone I can pretty much do a show anywhere, anytime.

Best,
Sebastian

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=log......C&sk=SC1
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
I've used Virtual Soundman, MP3 Tech, Show Cues, Audio Ape w/Go Button and Cue Command. Cue Command is my system of choice, without question.
Frank528
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Frank528
I've been wrestling with what sound remote to get and have narrowed it down to either the Cue Command or the Audio Ape........would love some advice as to what people currently use, but most importantly WHY. Having a hard time determining what are the deciding factors of choosing one over the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Electronic sound system for shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL