The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist does FLAT RATE shipping - Permanently (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Aren't customs free if it's sent as a gift? If that is so, I would assume they are sending everything as a gift...i could be wrong though
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2016, Christopher Williams wrote:
Aren't customs free if it's sent as a gift? If that is so, I would assume they are sending everything as a gift...i could be wrong though

As already posted they do not list as gift but the full value regardless if they give you a discount or not

Anyone in the UK that orders from them will end up paying more that buying from a uk dealer
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
What's the point of listing it as original price instead of as a gift ? Doesn't make a difference to them does it ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Even got a broadcast announcement from the Café about this.... it's only 13 countries that have the $9 flat rate shipping. Now, if they had said in their ad that- that would have been more honest.

The maximum shipping to some countries can still be as high as $27
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, GeraintClarke wrote:

I think it's important to mention that we've worked with countries to reduce these customs fees to NOTHING.

Huh? HM Revenue & Customs has waived custom fees for Ellusionist? How is that possible, is the Queen a Brad Christian fan?

It isn't true. You will be charged customs charges after the value of what's in the package exceeds £175. If it isn't paid in advance, then HMRC will hold your package, send you a card telling you what has to be paid, and deliver it only after the charge is paid. No exceptions whatsoever.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2016, Christopher Williams wrote:

Only if it is from a relative. Seeing the shipping markers on the package (who its from etc) would be a dead give away.

And if caught trying to avoid customs charges, they along with you, could be charged. It is a criminal offence to try to avoid customs charges.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
£175???
as far as I am aware the limit is £18 for the UK, I have certainly been charged for items way less than £175.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Hi,I'm in Portugal and will never get anything delivered by ups again...due to clearance charges.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 6, 2016, catweazle wrote:
£175???
as far as I am aware the limit is £18 for the UK, I have certainly been charged for items way less than £175.

That's not correct. You pay import VAT on goods valued between £15.01 and £135. But not any customs duty. But you pay both custom duties AND VAT for goods valued at £175 and greater.

From the HMRC website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio......st-users

EDIT - I see I made a mistake: it's £135 and above that you start paying customs duty and VAT. Not £175. Sorry about that.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Ah, yes I see what you mean now, thanks for the clarification.
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
In their video where they "hijacked" a UPS they say $9 shipping worldwide.

Nyet - they fib again - it is $27 where I live and 50 other countries pay more then $9

Ellusionist stop fibbing
8 days a week !
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Credit where its due. E Get a hard time (not just from me) but they've listened to feedback from internation customers and acted on it. I cant really fault that at all
jansverre
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jansverre
Its 27$ to me as well.. But I thoght its ok.. I get tracking, but the first thing the tracking tells me is that this shipment does not have tracking. and I highly doubt it will arrive in 5 - 9 days eighter as they advertised seeing it is 7 days since my order. So looks like they in my case not just have raised the shipping cost but giving me nothing more than I had before.
so for us that don't live in the 9$ zone the adertising is horrible and the price change is even horrible..er?
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
Quote:
On May 7, 2016, jansverre wrote:
Its 27$ to me as well.. But I thoght its ok.. I get tracking, but the first thing the tracking tells me is that this shipment does not have tracking. and I highly doubt it will arrive in 5 - 9 days eighter as they advertised seeing it is 7 days since my order. So looks like they in my case not just have raised the shipping cost but giving me nothing more than I had before.
so for us that don't live in the 9$ zone the adertising is horrible and the price change is even horrible..er?

Jansverre - let us know how long it takes to get to you. It should be quick if it is UPS - but yeah I don't like this $9 story when a huge amount is a lot more then that

ps hope it does not take forever as I want to get some SWE blacks
8 days a week !
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Jansverre - This is still a new system and we're working out the kinks. Please contact support at E if it doesn't arrive in 9 days from the shipping date so we can figure out what's going on.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist does FLAT RATE shipping - Permanently (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL