The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mystic Descendant - The Offering - Issue 1 (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
So I have just finished reading the first issue of Mystic Descendant and here are my thoughts.

It is a breathe of fresh air!

It is a magazine (a nicely printed booklet) that is so unlike anything else out there at the moment that it was a joy to read and experience for the first time.

I loved everything about it, from the conversational style of the interviews to the little artworks throughout which really brought it alive.

Far too many magazines out there are 'stuffy' or take themselves too seriously, this felt like the physical embodiment of a few mates getting together over a pint or two and discussing ideas and what they love most about the craft.

It's not a big magazine in terms of pages, but I'm in the quality over quantity camp.
(However I understand the next issue may have an extra couple of features in giving you a little more bang for your buck!)

I am not one to pull any punches and I give my honest feedback so that's exactly what I will do...

I'm going to be slightly controversial here (maybe) and say right now that I preferred all the interviews, stories and advice over the actual 'routines'.
Please do not get me wrong, as they were wonderful and I'm sure would play brilliantly. They could have been released separately for the same price of the whole magazine (or more) and I would of felt I got my monies worth.
However, for me personally, I just loved all the other bits and pieces throughout this publication.

I much prefer to read about the who, why, what, where and when than the 'how'.

Luckily for me, this magazine appears to be fulfilling this desire of mine.

So in conclusion, it was a fantastic and FUN read, which is something of a rarity in most publications. I will 100% be picking up the next issue and I'm already looking forward to it.

Link: http://www.lulu.com/shop/ron-chavis/myst......788.html
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I finished reading issue 2 last night, another fantastic issue!

I could of finished it in one sitting, however I made it last me a week as I didn't want it to end.

I am really enjoying this magazine series and long may it continue, real gold within its pages for those that look.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This is a winner....
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks guys, gonna take a look at this now.
Few things I've heard so far sound promising.

252PoorHouse
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
false_awakening
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of false_awakening
Thanks for the reviews, this sounds as good as I hoped. I received the free sample recently and have now ordered both issues.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Anthony and Ray,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback here.
I'm thrilled you are finding value within the pages of Mystic Descendant.

252life and false awakening,

I realize with our saturated market that you both have taken a risk but I can assure you that what you're obtaining is something unlike any other product on the market. Thank you both for giving this publication an opportunity to enter your home.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Hey Rod, just wanted to clarify my short hand in case I was unclear.
I was meaning to say that I've heard ONLY great stuff so far.

I'm looking forward to reading it Smile

Sorry if my statement wasn't clear enough.

252LateNightPosting
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
I received the free issue a couple of days ago and it was great! I am planning to buy it
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Is this psycho-spiritual, mystical type mentalism or the more common kind?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2016, 252life wrote:
I was meaning to say that I've heard ONLY great stuff so far.

Well that's a good sign, for both of us (smile). I hope it meets your expectations.
Please let me know what you think after reading it. Thanks again.

Quote:
On Oct 6, 2016, Smoking Camel wrote:
Is this psycho-spiritual, mystical type mentalism or the more common kind?

It's the more common kind but presented in an uncommon way. I have a small sample for Issue 2 available.
If you'd like to get a feel for the content, then just send me an email and I'll send it to you- mysticdescendant@gmail.com
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Please use this discount code if you decide to purchase:

code: NIGEL35
35% OFF

Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Has been a great honor to be feature with an interview on this month issue. Ron is a great guy and a great mind too!
I love his writing style! In this issue there wonderful ideas that are worth checking out. Smile
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Thanks again, Luca. Enjoyed it.
If anyone reading is interested, there is a good discount code going on at Lulu through the weekend. Free Shipping plus 10% Off. Apply this discount code to your shopping cart: BOOKSHIP17 Expires June 12th at 11:59 PM

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/mysticdescendant
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Lulu is currently offering a 30% OFF discount code. For the next few days you can get a copy of Mystic Descendant for just $13.96 or use it toward any other book on Lulu. Apply this code: SAVENOW30 This discount code ends July 17th at 11:59 PM

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/mysticdescendant
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
As far as I understand the publication of new issues is now stopped
Any other magazines specific for mentalists except Psycrecy and PEA newsletters?
Thanks
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Where can I buy this?
Nelsoni
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
11 Posts

Profile of Nelsoni
It used to be in print on lulu.com, but it's not available there right now (March 2023). However, Lybrary.com has a collection of articles from the first four issues titled "Mystic Descendent - Digital Dose".
Nelsoni
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
11 Posts

Profile of Nelsoni
Psy - It looks like Stevens Magic Emporium has issues #1-3 available as of today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mystic Descendant - The Offering - Issue 1 (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL