The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mad Jake Silver Plating (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I recently received a copper PF set of cups from Mad Jake that were plated in silver. Since Donnie from RNT2 doesn't silver plate his cups, I asked Jake if he could do this for me and I have to say that they came out beautifully! These cups are the same as the standard .50 gauge copper PF set on Donnie's website--not the vintage PF replicas. Bravo!
Mad Jake Jr.
View Profile
New user
Willis Warf, Va.
25 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake Jr.
Leo,
thank you for the kind words about the plated cups. We out source to a company who is the best in the world. All the credit goes to Mac King
who runs the plating company. They are not cheap but one of 4 companies in the USA that uses a process called the cyanide strike method.
So all the credit and thanks go to Mac King and his team there. They celebrated their 100th year in business a few years back.

Again, thank you Leo and I'm certainly glad you are pleased.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake Jr.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
You're welcome, they really are nice! Did you refer to Mac King--the Vegas magician?
Mad Jake Jr.
View Profile
New user
Willis Warf, Va.
25 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake Jr.
No, Mac King is a coincidence. What gives the cups their brilliance is that they are dipped 3x into the plating vat, buffed, dipped again
buffed and then the final 3red dip into the vat. This is what "Triple" plated means.

Also when I have Mac dip the cups, he uses a blue out of the nickel playing. The final coat is Chrome that is plated over top of the
nickel to give its bright luster.

If there is anyone who is interested in more of this information, just PM me.

Sincerely,
Jake Jr.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mad Jake Silver Plating (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL