The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Collector's Workshop fanatics (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Yes, I am one. Not ashamed to admit it, unless you're my wife and you've found one of the price lists from them in my Studio. Anyway, I'm looking for another person who owns a "Sendak's Dream" (AKA: "Sendak Table"). I know there are other CW fans out there, and I can't be the only person who owns one of these amazing, complex gadgets, RIGHT?

Steve
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Think they only made about 24 so not many around. Just about one of the only CW props I don't own ;-)

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I own quite a few of their larger items, and I've sold off a few. Here's what I actually need...most come with absolutely wonderful instructions, and USUALLY, the instructions for the bigger, ATA-case-type props also have a sheet labeled "PACKING INSTRUCTIONS", but either this prop wasn't issued with packing instructions, or the previous owner didn't have/include them. I have instructions, just not correct CW issued directions for packing this pretty delicate item. Before you suggest it, I did contact George at Viking/CW, he's always quite gracious and willing to help, but there were no instructions for the Sendak Table when he purchased CW and not even an extra unit for him to produce another one.

Packing instruction sheet, anyone?

Steve
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
I'll ask around one or two of my contacts - there are a few of us CW diehards in Europe. I don't recall seeing a 'packing sheet' with any of my larger CW props TBH, just the odd additional slip with extra instructions from Nick R.

I'd be interested to know what effects you have/have had Steve. Many of these props have done the rounds and I've lost count of the number I've reinstated and restored with their original components and instructions.

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Appreciate that!

S
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Have yet to get my hands on anything that may have been included with the Sendak Table to assist in packing these pieces back into the ATA case. Anybody else own one of these? Don't get me wrong, I have the instructions, I would just like to know if they had PACKING INSTRUCTIONS, as most of the CW items that came in custom cases did. Gumball did, Wristwatch Blendo did, Super Grinder did...

Steve
Lady of Magic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Lady of Magic
I have a wristwatch blendo from Collector's Workshop - it has some electronic issues - I lent it to a magician ! arrrrgghh - never again! I am contemplating selling it "as is" - otherwise - I am sending it back to CW. Any interest?

Magicbypaula
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2016, Lady of Magic wrote:
I have a wristwatch blendo from Collector's Workshop - it has some electronic issues - I lent it to a magician ! arrrrgghh - never again! I am contemplating selling it "as is" - otherwise - I am sending it back to CW. Any interest?

Magicbypaula

I'm not sure returning it to CW is such a good idea. It took George 2 years to fix my Silver Odyssey II as I believe the original electronics guy that CW used is now retired. It's one of the reasons I taught myself how to fix and restore their stuff. I may be interested in taking it off your hands if it's complete though (with ATA case). PM me with what you'd like to get out of it.

Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Responded to Paula last week, haven't heard back.

Steve
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:

Steve

We should set up a shop repairing this stuff Steve. LOL
www.darkartefacts.com

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Nick Birch wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:

Steve

We should set up a shop repairing this stuff Steve. LOL

Boy, this is a great idea. I have a few high-end props in need of repair/restoration that I would pay a fair amount to have brought back to their original grandeur. As a collector I buy from many sources, and sometimes items are not exactly as described, but the time and money required to fight the good fight just isn't worth it. I would much rather have a trusted builder who I know could bring the prop up to snuff - the right way - so its market value is equal or better than I originally paid for. This would require a craftsman or craftswoman who is familiar with not only multiple building disciplines, but also well-versed in magic history. A sort of unicorn if you will. But if that person exists, I would like to know!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have repaired, refinished & repainted 2 Keybox props made by Anverdi a few years ago. Enjoyed it & made a couple bucks.

Steve
johnsigdv
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnsigdv
I have been repairing Jumbo Sidekicks for Viking and Stevens Magic. I also have become well versed at repairing Bullet Proofs. If it is Electro Mechanical and manufactured by Collector's Work Shop Pre -Viking I might be able to help you.

John Major Gilbert
Major Magic Creations
Repair and Restoration of Collector's Workshop Magic Effects
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Good to know!

Steve
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2016, johnsigdv wrote:
I have been repairing Jumbo Sidekicks for Viking and Stevens Magic. I also have become well versed at repairing Bullet Proofs. If it is Electro Mechanical and manufactured by Collector's Work Shop Pre -Viking I might be able to help you.

John Major Gilbert
Major Magic Creations
Repair and Restoration of Collector's Workshop Magic Effects

Can I have your email? I have a CW Jumbo Sidekick 2.0 but the remote is not working, I would like to have it repaired. Thank you Smile
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I have been in contact with Johnsigdv and he has delivered me a new remote and it works PERFECTLY with my CW JS!

Thank you, John for your amazing work. Now I can bring this act back into my show.

If you have a broken remote and need a repair or just need a new remote, contact John. He is legit and he knows his stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Collector's Workshop fanatics (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL