The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Skype (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ocb
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ocb
Hi All,

I've been practicing Ponta's Winged Silver routine (minus the coin roll) for quite some time.

In front of a camera, I can get video takes that I'm mostly happy with.

In front of a 3-way mirror, I can see that the center and right are mostly fine but the left is weak.

One day, of course, I hope to reach actual performance level. But there doesn't seem to be much opportunity for me to work the routine, gain confidence, learn real-world angles, and so on.

My plan is to try using Skype to practice Ponta's Winged Silver routine in front of actual spectators, as a stepping stone. (By the way, I do perform lots of effects for people, just not this kind of effect.)

You can find me on Skype with name: wingedsilver2718

Here is how I imagine the overall process playing out, and I hope it is as inviting as possible to people!

(1) I hear Skype ringing for video chat with a caller.
(2) I answer, and immediately perform the routine.
(3) Optionally, the caller can then provide any quick feedback, request another run though, or just hang up.

If I'm not available on Skype at the moment, send me a PM and we can arrange a time.

Now to find out if I'll get any callers...

Thanks,
Oscar
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
For laymen reactions, you could always try Omegle/Chatroulette. I've tested out a few visual things on those before.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, ocb wrote:
In front of a 3-way mirror, I can see that the center and right are mostly fine but the left is weak.

Skype won't help with that as all anyone will see is "center" unless you plan on standing angled to the camera?
ocb
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ocb
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2016, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2016, ocb wrote:

Skype won't help with that as all anyone will see is "center" unless you plan on standing angled to the camera?

Mostly, I'm hoping to get acclimated to somebody spectating. But that's a good point. I may have to experiment with different angles to the camera.

Eventually, I'll have to learn what an actual spectator in person would see. Sometimes I wish I could split into two people and watch myself!

Thanks,
Oscar
ocb
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ocb
Well, I'm looking back at my old message, and I do practice Ponta's Winged Silver with the coin roll now.

https://vimeo.com/288017884 (send me a PM for the password)

Overall, I think the practice video is good, and I even added music for fun. But there are enough problems that I wouldn't want to post it without a password!

Thanks,
Oscar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Skype (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL