The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Handkerchief frame (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Does anyone feel they could perform a handkerchief frame (C&R hank that's pinned by the corners in a frame)

And mske it work in today's world?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I think the "set up" (pinning the hdkf to the frame would slow down the presentation a bit. (Also, getting a frame made could be a bit expensive these days.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If anyone needs one of these, I have one that's never been used. No tack holes. Instead of the sliding gimmick, this is the hinged (at one corner) gimmick. I've had it for about 25 years. Came from the estate of a now-deceased friend. It's black and very nice.

Stve
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Jay certainly has the means and skills to make one. Cost is therefore debatable.

Handkerchiefs are not as widely used anymore, but cloth dinner napkins and bandanas certainly are.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I have two count em 2. I was just wondering if anyone used theirs as opposed to a knife through coat or a finger through a hat.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:
If anyone needs one of these, I have one that's never been used. No tack holes. Instead of the sliding gimmick, this is the hinged (at one corner) gimmick. I've had it for about 25 years. Came from the estate of a now-deceased friend. It's black and very nice.

Stve

Hi Steve

It sounds like yours MIGHT have been made by Thayer...

Julie
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It's quite possible. The previous owner passed about 18 years ago, I believe he was nearly 100 at the time of his passing. I knew him about 15 years prior to that. He performed, his children performed and his grandchildren did, too. He was proud to call Blackstone (Senior!) a good friend, and I was proud to call Herschel a good friend of mine.

Steve
SethHoward
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of SethHoward
Funny that I found this thread. I have an old one I pulled out and thought I would check on here for presentations. No luck finding videos if it.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
That's my point
I believe a folding mirror would be a better multi phase routine with a bigger punch.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
That's my point
I believe a folding mirror would be a better multi phase routine with a bigger punch.

Why?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Because it’s a multi phase routine where you can show the mirror intact more them once and the action moves along.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
Because it’s a multi phase routine where you can show the mirror intact more them once and the action moves along.

Fair enough.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Ever see Dick Berry do the folding mirror? In his hands it’s real magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Handkerchief frame (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL