The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Charity Event... A few ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
Hi everyone,

I am volunteering for a charity event at work next Sunday. I intend to perform some close up etc with cards.

I was just wondering what's usually good in these situations where I will walking around and pocket space is a premium.

Whats good magic for kids as well that can be close up ?

I will more than likely perform I'D, EB2.0 and maybe signed card to mouth. Is there anything else you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Glen.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
All Hail Sponge Bunnies!
Kids and adults love sponge magic.

Other then that - do what you know and practice so you don't make a fool of yourself.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
"NEXT SUNDAY"!!!!! "...some close up etc. with cards..." How the h*** can pocket space be at a premium? How much space can a deck of bikes "take"?

My friend, Andy, has given you some good advice regarding props, and, especially the advice about not making a fool of yourself!

I can't imagine, though, why, anyone who has respect for magic, could/would wait until a week before a date to ask for suggestions on what to do. --I said "do", not "perform"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
I can't imagine, though, why, anyone who has respect for magic, could/would wait until a week before a date to ask for suggestions on what to do. --I said "do", not "perform"!

I feel like there are quite a lot of "newer" guys/gals that act like teenagers when it comes to magic. Teenagers (and this is general) view the world like they are invincible. They take chances without thinking stuff through. Until someone gets burned badly, they don't understand why you don't ask one week in advance.

But since it is charity, best of luck and remember when strolling don't take 20 mins with each group. Quick to the point effects tend to do best and try to hit as many people as you can with the best quality of magic you can.
GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
"NEXT SUNDAY"!!!!! "...some close up etc. with cards..." How the h*** can pocket space be at a premium? How much space can a deck of bikes "take"?

My friend, Andy, has given you some good advice regarding props, and, especially the advice about not making a fool of yourself!

Sorry Dick...

I've been performing magic on and off for the last 4 years or so in street form etc.

I've never done anything like this as it's new to me.

Are there any performances that are better than others. But hey, don't worry thanks for your help...
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
Card to Impossible Location would be cool and maybe some rope magic.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
GL3N
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GL3N
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, aevans-1500 wrote:
Card to Impossible Location would be cool and maybe some rope magic.

Thanks for the ideas mate.
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
I always carry an Adams Magic Coin Box hanging inside my vest and start with a signed quarter placed in a Magic Crystal Coin Case and cover it with a silk. These little tricks will cost you about 5 bucks and from my experience constantly blows people away. Both adults and kids can't believe what they see. Keep a couple of boxes prepped at your base for a quick reload and you can do this for a number of tables with out taking a break to reset. The props can typically be found in the junk section at magic stores, but those two things coupled together are wonderful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Charity Event... A few ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL