The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » I need help ( don't know where to post this) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Hi guys so as a school project that goes towards my grades...we have to prepare a speech on something we think strongly about or is close with us (e.g.hobbies)

I've decided to do magic...I've got most of my speech done however I need to end with a paragraph explaining *how magic has imapcted the world?*

I need help on how to answer this and what to put in it..

Thanks
Sleepy
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
What does magic mean to you and what does magic do to those who experience it?
I've asked to be banned
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2016, IAIN wrote:
What does magic mean to you and what does magic do to those who experience it?

Thanks.. That's one of my earlier paragraphs.... But his would you go about answering *how has magic impacted the world?*

Thanks
Sleepy
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Ypu could talk about magicians that go to hospitals to perform shows. Also as a great way for people to learn to speak publicly. Maybe it's hard to say the world. I mean, really what impact has magic had on the world?
We all love magic but there are way more people that hate it. I'm not trying to be cynical, just honest. What about talk of little kids that get a chance to perform magic and learn a skill that helps their dexterity?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Think about the origins of magic. The first magicians were also the first scientists. Sir Isaac Newton began as a wizard looking for clues as to how humans could control their environment. Instead, he ended up defining the laws of gravity, among other things. Today, meteorology -weather prediction - has almost the same status as magic had and people are attempting to apply what seems like witchcraft to predict similar changes in climate. Speaking of witchcraft, there are parallels between that and homeopathy, as magician James Randi demonstrates every time he gives a lecture and challenges people's assumptions when he apparently commits suicide in front of them by swallowing an entire bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills and survives. People constantly resort to magic whenever they try to predict the outcome of elections (they call it polling) or practice faith healing, or believe in creating gun control laws to "end gun violence."
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for the suggestions guys...will be using them in my speech... Hopefully the speech will be 5 minutes long lol

Sleepy
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Good luck Sleepy! I'll bet it will be a great speech!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
I did a similar project when I was in highs school and spoke about the difference between walking onto a stage and leaving it, then tied it in with events that had happened to me in my magic "career".
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just to update you guys, I did well and got a merit in the speech!

Sleepy
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Congrats, Sleepy!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » I need help ( don't know where to post this) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL