The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Support Steven Brundage: AGT (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2016, Lseeyou wrote:
Quote:
Steven Brundage comment on Youtube:
You guys are the most AMAZING FANS in the world! You wanted me back and I am here!!!! This was by far the hardest and most nerve-racking performance of my life. No Joke... one hour before the I was in Tears and had a nervous breakdown. I lost a prop, wardrobe went wrong, I messed up part of my act so I couldn't do it right durig rehearsals, and I had other mess ups.

BUT I came back. I got composed and performed the trick to the best of my abilities. It wasnt even close to a perfect performance... but it was the proudest moment of my life. I performed under pressure and stress that I never known... and I made it out the other side. You guys are AMAZING. LOVE STEVEN!!!

Steven knowing that... your performance was even more BRILLIANT! You looked so relaxed and like everything in control Smile

https://youtu.be/-BOZ-NIAbIk

Loved the routine, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thank you. I have performed under stress before.. but this really shook me. I never thought I would get to a point that night where I felt everything crashing down and like the wasn't anyway I was going to be successful tonight. I learned the full routine this past Friday due to props shipping in late and having to change the trick. Then on top of losing the prop and my act not working during the rehearsals before the show really added to the stress. At the end I am GENUINELY excited that everything worked smoothly. On the bright side.. If I am voted through I will have lots of extra time to think of something EXTRA special for the next round. Thank you all for the support.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
It was great to finally meet you last night, it was a really great spot! Sofie told me you were really nice so that spoke a lot about you for me ;-)
Ray Pierce
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, sjbrundage wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, Mindpro wrote:
Best of luck Steven!

Thank you MindPro. I'll give some perspective my side of things. I am sure this will be helpful for people considering the show. Whenever I see people on those types of shows I always wonder what happens after they are on it. What type of events do they book, how does it effect their career in the short term and long term, etc etc. Any more questions you want to ask or you think would be helpful I would be more than happy to give some insight.

From my perspective I have already won just by being on the show and getting some AMAZING publicity. I raised my rates slightly and have been booking more events that ever!!! Ever since I raised my rates a year and a half ago.. I was making a FANTASTIC living but wasn't doing as many events as a wanted. I got what I wanted and I now have almost too many events to do. Some months like November I will be in a Different state every few days doing shows.

The show is very much a reality TV show. Producers have boxed me in as being the Rubik's guy. Even though during my show I perform 70 -80 percent non cube material.

Personally I know I am not ready for the vegas and I don't necessarily want that. My ultimate goal is to have magic be my full time career until I can retire and live a very comfortable life. Whether that is by doing trade shows, corporate events, colleges, theaters or Vegas show I will be happy.

I have a new Trick planned. It might backfire and the judges might not like it... it might work wonders and the judges love it. Still not entirely sure at this point. Moving on to the next round is not my focus. My main goal is to perform this routine to the best of my ability's and use all the exposure afterward to book a million more events and ride the wave long enough until I have to try something new or focus my efforts somewhere else. I can't control how America votes for me... so I will be my best and leave it to them.

And I do disagree with your one statement. "Rubik's will not advance him". I have lots of confidence this new routine and I would put my money on, that if this trick goes well... I should advance.

What exactly is a FANTASTIC living? If magic being a full time career is your goal it seems counter to the FANTASTIC living. I am confused.

Didn't yoy stay by saying you were the only Rubik's Cube magician? Why wouldn't they put you as that?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
By Fantastic Living I mean I am very comfortable. I like nice things and enjoy living a comfortable life. Magic allows me to have a very flexible schedule and it pays all my bills and needs and then some. I haven't wanted for anything for the pat 2 years that I couldn't get.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2016, Mindpro wrote:
Really? Does Steven kmow you're doing this? This is a very desperate move that he may not approve of. This seems based on your persona opinions and not on the reality of what actually happened.

Your statements "He got eliminated on the second act which was an astonishment for audience from all over the world as he got a standing ovation" is incorrect, but rather your opinion. Also you said "It turns out he did NOT go through. I was so stunned by this. How could of the judges cut him?" Again, your take on this bit not the reality.

I like Steven and have even offered him assistance in the past, but there has been no injustice here. He was eliminated and they explained why, and they were correct. His performance was all about his tricks, it lacked any performance and personality. This was a prime example of a magician only being as entertaining as their material, which is ultimately what the judges tried to explain and you have seem to missed.

And as you said, with so many great acts this year, many that also have been cut, if they were likely to bring any of them back, it still wouldn't be Steven. Sorry. How far do you really think he could go with only Rubik's Cube magic? He did that the first time, and they were expecting bigger and better as he progressed. Did you really feel it was a million dollar act more worthy than all of the other great acts this year? Do you really think this could be a feature headlining show in Vegas with just Rubik's Cube magic?

Rather than blaming the show, judges and audience, there is a nice lesson to be learned here for magicians that rely on their tricks for their entertainment value, which you seem to completely be missing.

What show were you watching? He totally leveled the live audience, who (along with one of the judges) gave him a total standing ovation, and the judges made comments like "Wow!" "How did you do that?!" And "Oh my God!" One of the five judges made a comment about his showmanship, for which he got immediate disagreement from another judge, and he got "killed on Twitter" (his words). That judge also said he "totally deserved" to be in the quarterfinals.

I agree that on this thread there does seem to be some confusion about "personal opinions" vs. "what really happened." I guess "if they were to bring any of them back, it still wouldn't be Steven" was more the "personal opinion" than "what really happened." How far do you think he could go with Rubik's cube magic? Apparently that remains to be seen. Honestly, it sounds from your post that he didn't take you up on your offers of assistance, and maybe you're a little miffed about it. He seems to be doing pretty well on his own, though.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2016, sjbrundage wrote:
By Fantastic Living I mean I am very comfortable. I like nice things and enjoy living a comfortable life. Magic allows me to have a very flexible schedule and it pays all my bills and needs and then some. I haven't wanted for anything for the pat 2 years that I couldn't get.

Magic is for the laymen...you're killing them every single time. Best of luck, and keep it up!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Support Steven Brundage: AGT (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL