The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Finding Gene Maze (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D.Y.Ollan
View Profile
New user
New York
15 Posts

Profile of D.Y.Ollan
Hello all,

I've been trying to track down Gene Maze and the Art of Bottom Dealing for weeks now--have looked on Amazon, eBay, AbeBooks, sundry magic sites, even the library of the research university I work at. Does anyone have any leads?

Also, I've seen some effusive thoughts in another thread on this title, but is it worth the effort (and possibly the expense) of hunting it down?

Thanks,
D.Y.

Also hey, first post.
"Our player confines himself not at all; nor, because the game is the object, does he reject deductions from things external to the game.... The first two or three rounds having been played, he is in full possession of the contents of each hand, and thenceforward puts down his cards with as absolute a precision of purpose as if the rest of the party had turned outward the faces of their own."
--Poe, "Murders in the Rue Morgue"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I guess the writer Richard Kaufman might know and he is currently the publisher and editor of Genii.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Hey D.Y.
It is worth tracking down but it is hard to find as it is OOP. My search for the book lasted about 3 years of finding a reasonably priced copy in good condition and it was worth it. Not only does it have a phenomenal description of the bottom deal but it has some great effects if you also do magic.
The book was published by Kaufman and Greenberg which is a seperate publishing house to the one the Kaufman runs so don't expect a reprint anytime soon.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Also welcome!
D.Y.Ollan
View Profile
New user
New York
15 Posts

Profile of D.Y.Ollan
Thanks to both of you!
"Our player confines himself not at all; nor, because the game is the object, does he reject deductions from things external to the game.... The first two or three rounds having been played, he is in full possession of the contents of each hand, and thenceforward puts down his cards with as absolute a precision of purpose as if the rest of the party had turned outward the faces of their own."
--Poe, "Murders in the Rue Morgue"
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
The next Potter and Potter auction has the book going up. https://new.liveauctioneers.com/catalog ... -apparatus

Steve
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sorry for bringing it to light.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Finding Gene Maze (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL