The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gimmicked Invisible Deck vs. non-gaffed Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2004-03-21 10:33, Jive-Turkey wrote:
It should have read...the unnecessary "need to fool magicians."

Fooling magicians is unnecessary.

And, they don't pay very well.

;)
Cardmanips2004
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
22 Posts

Profile of Cardmanips2004
Invisible deck cannot be performed using a borrowed or ordinary deck. It is a trick using special gaffet cards where the faces have been brushed with 'Rough King' when the deck is riifeled one direction the cards are seen to be completelly blank (No faces or bicycle backs) The other way round is a normal deck. Youy snap the fingers and create a magical printing prosess in order for the cards to 9print)

thanks
Flourishes rule!
Mikey-Flys
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton, Alberta
179 Posts

Profile of Mikey-Flys
"
Invisible deck cannot be performed using a borrowed or ordinary deck. It is a trick using special gaffet cards where the faces have been brushed with 'Rough King' when the deck is riifeled one direction the cards are seen to be completelly blank (No faces or bicycle backs) The other way round is a normal deck. Youy snap the fingers and create a magical printing prosess in order for the cards to 9print)
"

Sounds like you may have a few different effects confused?
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2004-03-21 09:05, Ollie1235 wrote:
I don't have an ID or know how to perform it with no gimmicks but in my opinion there are two reasons for using sleights instead of gimmicks
(a) its cheaper and you don't have to keep buying invisible decks for your routine
(b) if your using slieghts then YOU are the one making the magic and not some gimmick
thats just my opinion though
anyone else prefer sleights rather than gimmicks

You don't have to keep buying invisible decks. They are reusable. I still have/use the first one I bought, (8 years ago.)

if you prefer sleight of hand to gimmicks that is your choice... but to an audience, they just want to see good magic. The method is irrelevant as long as it fools them. I think you will find greater success if you put the audience first.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I can't believe that non-gaff version is better in effect. I have read a few non-gaff versions and created some myself, but the effects never match with original.

Hideo Kato
D Atkinson
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of D Atkinson
I'm sorry, but I have to say, I have had the same reaction to both Gimmicked and non-gimmicked presentations. The logic now, for me, is to use the un-gimmicked option in a real situation.

There you are.

Dean
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
At the end of the day the Audience is what matters what you use to fool them should make no difference. They do not know the method only the effect.
It is not a matter of sleights vs gimmicks but which is the best way to fool the audience. full stop
Dave Welzman
Sydney Australia
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 11:36, icentertainment wrote:

At the end of the day the Audience is what matters what you use to fool them should make no difference...It is not a matter of sleights vs gimmicks but which is the best way to fool the audience...."

Method is relevant to the extent that it impacts effect. In my opinion, there is no ungimmicked method that's as clean in appearance as the gimmicked version, although I have not seen the two versions that Bill Palmer mentions above.

Larry D.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
I said:I don't have an ID or know how to perform it with no gimmicks but in my opinion there are two reasons for using sleights instead of gimmicks
(a) its cheaper and you don't have to keep buying invisible decks for your routine
(b) if your using slieghts then YOU are the one making the magic and not some gimmick
thats just my opinion though
anyone else prefer sleights rather than gimmicks
geoff weber: You don't have to keep buying invisible decks. They are reusable. I still have/use the first one I bought, (8 years ago.)

geoff , I know that invisible decks are re-usable but when ive spoke to some people at my localcircle of magicians some have said that they have to buy more than one because after a while they get worn out
ollie
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I beleive Cody Fisher has some new twists on the ID.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
I think a non gimmicked invisible deck is a great thing if it can be done , Im sure there are ways but not nearly as cleanly powerful as a gimmicked deck ,
I personally very rarely use my invisible deck as I don't feel comfortable using it ,with a regular deck I can get out of any mistakes should they happen one way or another , surely with a bit of equivoque and a bit of a set up a good invisible deck type routine could be done ??
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 00:10, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

S2000magician, your continued posts about this phrase are unnecessary. It seems you save your advertised politeness for expression only in your own forum...
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I, personally, think it's a situation of running without being chased. I understand the extremely human need to tweak, twist and modify something...but it seems like unneccesary work. I have no problem with work, but it just doesn't seem necessary.

I do appreciate the thinking behind Close's deck though. When I first saw it, it was out of my league; now, if I chose, I could perform it...::shrug::

I've only seen it on the tape, does anyone know if he uses the line about "none of the cards being stuck together" in live performance for laymen? I've always found that thought a little usettling...

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 12:31, Ollie1235 wrote:
"...in my opinion...if your using slieghts then YOU are the one making the magic and not some gimmick...."

Grasshopper, you must step back if you wish to move forward.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 14:24, Jive-Turkey wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 00:10, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

S2000magician, your continued posts about this phrase are unnecessary. It seems you save your advertised politeness for expression only in your own forum...

Please reread my last comment that you quoted. I was merely agreeing with you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Gimmicked Invisible Deck vs. non-gaffed Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL