The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Himber ring (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
THANKS Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
javlin5
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of javlin5
Keep at it! You'll get it. Otherwise I would also suggest to contact the seller.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2016, Rainboguy wrote:
For those who haven't bought Pete Biro's THE REAL SECRET OF THE CHINESE LINKING RINGS or Dick Oslund's ROAD SCHOLAR books..........YOU SHOULD!!!

Like my old friend, Pete, said: Tusen Tuk! --that's Swedish for "A thousand thanks!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
A Himber Ring Story:

A few years back, just after David Regal put out his wonderful version of The Himber Ring, which he calls The Linking Finger Ring Project, and after I had a couple of months to play with it, I took it up to Dick Oslund's apartment in Escanaba, Michigan to show it to him. At the end of the bit, I did a visible unlink (A LA Al Koran) where two finger rings are linked together hanging from the end of a pencil.

Right in front of Dick's face.....right in front of his handsome nose, I asked Dick to say "Go"........and when he did....the second ring VISIBLY unlinked without me touching it while it was linked from the first ring hanging from the end of the pencil.

Dick's response was in one word....and that word was "WOW!"....my point here being....I have watched Dick Oslund watching Magicians perform Magic for over 30 years and that was the first time I have ever heard Dick say "Wow!" watching a Magician doing a Magic Trick...

Don't under-estimate the POWER of performing the Himber Ring trick PROPERLY...........I wish Pete Biro had been there to see the look on Dick's face at that moment!!!

Here's a link to David Regal's version, which I HIGHLY recommend........

http://davidregal.com/the-linking-finger-ring-project/
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, Dick Oslund wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2016, Rainboguy wrote:
For those who haven't bought Pete Biro's THE REAL SECRET OF THE CHINESE LINKING RINGS or Dick Oslund's ROAD SCHOLAR books..........YOU SHOULD!!!

Like my old friend, Pete, said: Tusen Tuk! --that's Swedish for "A thousand thanks!"

That would be "tusen tack", not "tuk" but I imagine Pete may vere well have said "tuk". Swedish not being his first language.

Any chanve of your books being available as ebooks sometime in the future Pete?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jag vet inte hur man gör en e-bok Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Tusen tack Mikael!

My grandparents were Scandinavians (grandfather from north of the "Sytende Mai" line, and grandmother from the south side!!!)

They were learning English, and, taught us kids very little! --Also, in those days, kids were to be "seen and not heard from", so they could talk between themselves.

Grandpa's family name was Oleson, but, I understand that the King of Sweden told everyone to "make new names" because the old "system" of Ole's son, being called Oleson, was making it hard to keep records. Thus grandpa changed the name to Oslund. ("A", with a "dot", and "s" --"As" -- little hill of mountain, and "Lund", a little "park" or field". The "A" became "O" in English! (I THINK that that's "correct"!!!)

I note that Pete has answered your question!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Speeka de anglish pleez!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
IZIF YOZUZU IZINSIZIST (Oslaund will translate) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Himber ring (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL