The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Taylor Imagineering's New Site has Instant Downloads and More (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes, I was able to download the explanation but not the others, shoot Christopher an email, he will take care of it as he did for me.
Did you go back to home page / your account & try the download button ?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, robvh wrote:
I'm debating between Hotel and Half Track but the descriptions are very sparse. I know Name & Place and would like to know what the differences/improvements are. As for Half Track, the description really tells me nothing about the effect. Christopher, can you elaborate please?

In regards to Hotel, it is a "Name and Place" style routine that works with just a couple of business cards, a pen and NO SWITCHES.

Here is a full description of Half Track:
The Effect:
As you read the following description, consider how impossible lay people would find this effect.
The mind reader (M) gives each of two participants (P1 & P2) half a deck of cards and asks them to shuffle their packs. M turns his back and asks each P to select any ten cards. They are encouraged to take them from the top, center or bottom of their shuffled packs.
The participants are directed to hold their ten cards like an oversized poker hand and select one to hold face down against their chests. The two packets of nine remaining cards are tabled face down. M explains he wants this to be even more challenging so the two P are to slip their memorized card into the other P’s tabled 9-card pack. The Ps pick up their individual packs and mix them. Finally, P1 hands her pack to P2 who is free to place it on top of or underneath his own ten cards. M now turns around to face the Ps and takes the pack of twenty cards.

Each P is invited to hold out a hand palm up and visualize their chosen card. M takes the top card and passes it over each palm and then drops it face down on the table between P’s hands. He continues this until he pauses holding a card over one of the palms (say P2’s) then places the card face down onto the palm and says, “Maybe.”
M continues removing single cards and waving them over P1’s palm until deciding to drop one onto her palm as well. M passes his own palm over both cards and announces that something is not right. He remembers that the two cards were exchanged at the start and switches them. Finally, both P are asked to name their cards for the first time. The cards are turned over for a perfect ending.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Wanted to publicly thank Christopher for his generosity - I too picked up "Hotel" as a free download. It's a nice variation on the (now) classic plot especially well suited for more intimate walk-around performance environments.

There were a few hiccups along the way to get the download but Derek (the site's developer I believe) was AMAZINGLY responsive and extremely helpful. Like anything new there are some kinks to smooth out - but Derek and Christopher seem to be working hard to that end.

I also picked up another "something" from Christopher that should be arriving in UT tomorrow - I'm VERY excited about it!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Thank you, Christopher for the kind offer. I look forward to checking out Hotel.

To the people here who have already consumed Hotel or Half-Track, I'm sure Christopher would appreciate it if you posted a review on his website to help encourage future sales.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Drew: We are indeed working hard to smooth out the remaining wrinkles on the site. I want to say that we have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have taken us up on the free download offer. All good things must come to an end, however and that includes this offer. Come September 30th, 2016 it will be over in its current form. We will be adding more downloads, and making free ones available with purchases, in the not too distant future

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I got the effect "Overkill" and I really like it, it is well thought out and a very entertaining routine.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Thank you for the generous offer, Christopher!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

It has been pointed out to me that two of the instant download effects are missing small files that should have been included. These are Half Track and Overkill; if you have these, I urge you to log in on my site and download the extra files. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Thank you. This is a wonderful offer.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I don't know what hours you are on [time zone]?

But the confirmation email [with links to download] do you respond to that email address [?]

As I got the hotel, but when I tried to download it, it failed three times, it didn't say anying buy 'failed' - I think it was my computer having too little hard drive space on the c: drive

I fixed that

Then it says I had no more downloads.... I blew the downloads in a minute after getting the files

Hmm, anyway to have another chance, so I can actually download the files this time [?]

As I was really looking forward to this

Thanks
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Duster: I am on the west coast of Canada. I respond to EVERY email, PM or pidgin I get. This forum is probably not the best place to get into specific details of your order so please PM me or use the contact form on my site and provide your order number and I will get you sorted out. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Thanks

I have resent the email

Just to be clear - I'm 99.9% [if not more] the fault is from my end

Thanks
false_awakening
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of false_awakening
Congratulations on the new website Chris, and thanks for generous offer.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

We have had a fantastic response to the free download offer. That offer ended this morning but we will be making other offers that include free downloads in the near future. Cheers, all.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Taylor Imagineering's New Site has Instant Downloads and More (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL