The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DREAM PAD - Confabulation prop for close-up (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, João Miranda Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I saw an advert for this and it looks good but how many times can you perform it before you need refills and how much will refills cost?

Refills cost $12 and are enough for 100 performances.

And when will the refills be available.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
So I have been playing with my Dream Pad this week , first thing to say and I think that's the same with all Joao products it is nicely packaged and comes with everything you need.

The instructions are online with a code to a secret section of the website , the instructional videos cover everything you need.

The custom made pad really helps the core method may not surprise many and is nothing new but there are aspects of this product that allow handling to be much easier. There is no double writing so you can openly write on he pad and let the participants see what your doing. You can write in blue ink as your prediction will appear in black ink. I did have initial issues with getting the prediction text colour to match that of the Freely chosen words ( I hope that's no saying too much) but does require some fiddling with photocopier settings but once you have it you can print off all you need and not have to worry about re writing the prediction every time.I have been practising it with a card to wallet, and it's quite a nice image to see the folded piece of paper through the window.

Reset doesn't take too long this said I would want to go to a private area to do this back to your close up case. This said I don't think this is something I would do at every table maybe keep for top table etc. I would be comfortable performing this on parlour settings with he participant reading out the prediction to the rest of the group , close up Iam a little nervous with the slight discrepancy between the key words and the prediction when handed out to the group but something I will have to go and try , might just be magicians guilt a little bit

Thanks

Dean
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Really like the idea of no double writing but I have Dream Prediction Elite and wondering of this is worth the purchase.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, Deano88 wrote:
So I have been playing with my Dream Pad this week , first thing to say and I think that's the same with all Joao products it is nicely packaged and comes with everything you need.

The instructions are online with a code to a secret section of the website , the instructional videos cover everything you need.

The custom made pad really helps the core method may not surprise many and is nothing new but there are aspects of this product that allow handling to be much easier. There is no double writing so you can openly write on he pad and let the participants see what your doing. You can write in blue ink as your prediction will appear in black ink. I did have initial issues with getting the prediction text colour to match that of the Freely chosen words ( I hope that's no saying too much) but does require some fiddling with photocopier settings but once you have it you can print off all you need and not have to worry about re writing the prediction every time.I have been practising it with a card to wallet, and it's quite a nice image to see the folded piece of paper through the window.

Reset doesn't take too long this said I would want to go to a private area to do this back to your close up case. This said I don't think this is something I would do at every table maybe keep for top table etc. I would be comfortable performing this on parlour settings with he participant reading out the prediction to the rest of the group , close up Iam a little nervous with the slight discrepancy between the key words and the prediction when handed out to the group but something I will have to go and try , might just be magicians guilt a little bit

Thanks

Dean

Thank you very much Dean for the review.

Anyway, let me tell you I mostly use Dream Pad in close-up for table hopping.

The great thing is that unlike to others versions you can perform Dream Pad mostly surrounded.

It is now in stock at www.joaomiranda.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Joao, one question I have is can the "active" area be minimized? For instance, can we take notes on the rest of the post-it (in margins, on lines above and below the three key lines), without having it ruin the prediction?

Next, can the pad be on the table during the writing, or does it have to be held in the hand? If on the table, is it secure enough that it could be rotated / slid (by the performer) in front of spectators and have them write in non-active areas on the pad?
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2016, Daegs wrote:
Joao, one question I have is can the "active" area be minimized? For instance, can we take notes on the rest of the post-it (in margins, on lines above and below the three key lines), without having it ruin the prediction?

Next, can the pad be on the table during the writing, or does it have to be held in the hand? If on the table, is it secure enough that it could be rotated / slid (by the performer) in front of spectators and have them write in non-active areas on the pad?

Hello Daegs,

Yes, you can take notes like you said without ruining the prediction. Just a small note: in the promo I used three key lines BUT you can use until four.

And yes, you can have the pad on the table for the writing and yes, will be secure for them to write on it as well, no problem.

If you have any more questions you can contact me directly to orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Happy with my purchase.
Looks so clean that you can show what you are writing and not have to hide it.
Highly recommended.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 29, 2016, reignofsound wrote:
Happy with my purchase.
Looks so clean that you can show what you are writing and not have to hide it.
Highly recommended.

Yes, that is the biggest advantage of Dream Pad when compared to other types of confabulation routines.

By the way, I will be releasing some great routines for Dream Pad at my facebook page, along with a lot of my other creations: https://www.facebook.com/joaomirandamagic/
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
39 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Great gimmick, very versatile, low-tech. nothing can break and found refills is not difficult.
I bought in a stationery a post-it pad a little larger than the one provided by Joao. I proceeded to cut the excess with an utility knife and a straightedge. 10 minutes work.

the tool is also great for single predictions and, although a vision/mystery box is perfect for the revelation, the folded paper can also be extracted from a wallet (or pockets, for street magic fans... Smile

obrigado, joao!
magic regards
marco basileo
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
I have one question- I didn't purchased the product but was wondering if there is good way to secure duplicated card/paper in place in that pad.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 11, 2017, iluzjonista wrote:
I have one question- I didn't purchased the product but was wondering if there is good way to secure duplicated card/paper in place in that pad.

Yes.

The duplicate paper is 100% secure until the time you need to palm it.

There are no worries of it falling prematurely.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
I have purchased vision box and dream pad. I sold on my dream pad and I did private mail João Miranda with a comment. I did not get a reply. Although dream pad is well made, IMO the design and handling could be improved. I plan to design and make a much improved version calling on the work of Alan Shaxon and Paul Stone. Paul used a version where the prediction can be slightly imperfect and the writing the same. These preferences depend on your own style and if you are performing close up, parlour or stage. Once I have it perfected I plan to produce a prototype for dealer review and possible manufacture. I thank João for producing an inspirational collection of quality products. Boa sorte!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Been using this for months and one smart spectator today blurted out the exact method.
Grrrrr.
Obviously smiled and said that was a good way in how it could be done.
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
61 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
The above note didn't space my example right. I'm going to add "..." to make the point.

They look like this:

I took a trip to..Italy
I went on a.......Train
I spent...........$100

KJ

In that case, why don't you just add another reveal somewhere else using a force, that would be more innocent...
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DREAM PAD - Confabulation prop for close-up (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL