The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello world (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matticus
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Matticus
My name is Matticus,
With each post I shall make on this forum I realize it will one day be seen by others.

I have on question with an associated request, and one question without
1) What can being a bi-lingual, tri-lingual, etc. person bring to the table as far as effects are concerned?

A little information about my second question: I plan to apply magic in social engineering.
2) With the above goal in mind, who are some magicians that I should be following?

Thank you for your time,
Matticus
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Matticus,

There are many audiences where speaking another language or at least self translating to some extent for the portion of the audience that my need it would be helpful both for the enjoyment of the show and in booking the show. Just be sure to mention your ability in your promotional materials.

Social Engineering to what end?

I try to be uplifting and open minds to the larger possibilities in the world than they might expect.

There are Christian Magicians who may consider them selves along the lines of social engineering.

-Mary Mowder
Matticus
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Matticus
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2016, Mary Mowder wrote:
Welcome Matticus,

There are many audiences where speaking another language or at least self translating to some extent for the portion of the audience that my need it would be helpful both for the enjoyment of the show and in booking the show. Just be sure to mention your ability in your promotional materials.

Social Engineering to what end?

I try to be uplifting and open minds to the larger possibilities in the world than they might expect.

There are Christian Magicians who may consider them selves along the lines of social engineering.

-Mary Mowder

Social engineering with the pure and simple goal of unexpected amazement,
for example,
A levitation trick with no forewarning or even pointing out that I am a magician, or that one is even present, in the first place
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm not sure how the term social engineering would be applicable or play into it.

Using the term Social Engineering my cause more confusion than it does to communicate your point.

I think you might be better understood if you expressed the unexpected amazement and let it just be experienced.

Best of luck. I'm all for unexpected amazement.

-Mary
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
The term "social engineering" has gained currency in security circles, and generally involves lying to people to get them to divulge confidential information. I agree with Mary -- the term may be more trouble than it's worth.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello world (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL