The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] The Movie by Gee Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Product description : Tired of all those card tricks ? You don't want to find which number people are thinking of ? You want something new, something people are not used to ? Well, this is for you ! The effect is fairly simple, you have a DVD case with inside a blank DVD, which you can show on both side. Oh and I didn't mention it but the case is blank too, without any cover (so it's black). You let the spectator signed the DVD and you pull out some cinema tickets on which people can read several movie title. They freely choose one, let's say “Kill Bill”. When you open the DVD case and you remove the DVD, it's now printed with the Kill Bill Artwork on it ! And of course it's still the signed DVD. But remember the blank DVD case ? It's now fully printed with the Kill Bill theme. Everything may be handed for examination.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $55 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a small cardboard box which is the size of a DVD case, inside you will find a link to check out the explanations online. They're really well done and you can see and understand quickly how this is working. You get the DVD case which is gimmicked in a way, very clever idea. You get the DVD, a gimmick and the cinema tickets. Everything is really well made, I have nothing bad to say about it, maybe that the tickets look a little bit fake in my country, we don't have those kind of ticket. But this is a minor problem.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_DLycmP_c

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- I find that the tickets look fake, we're not use to have those kind of tickets in my country. Even if the force is clever, I think it's better to use a blank deck of cards, a Svengali pad or even a force bag.
- I don't think you can hand out the DVD case as freely as they claim, spectators may find something while playing with it.

THE PROS :
- It's easy to do, almost self working and self contained. You can have your tickets inside the DVD case an be ready to do this trick anywhere.
- Even if it takes a little bit of space, I do think that we don't see enough trick done with object like that. Doing magic with a DVD case is not very common and people are, I think, more amazed because they don't know what to expect.
- The working of this is very simple but I think this is what makes the whole trick beautiful. No complicated gimmick, no complicated set up, just pure magic.
- You can hand out the “printed” DVD quite freely and that's a huge plus because it is signed by the spectator, which mean they've seen a blank one and now, the same DVD is printed.
- The reset is quick, I wouldn't do it in front of the spectators but still, it's a matter of a minute.

Overall rating : Bottom line, if you like what you see on the trailer and you're looking for this kind of effects, you won't be disappointed by The Movie, it's a great solution to a rare plot, I like this a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have many situations where to use this but still, a very solid 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it's almost self working but you have to master the gimmick, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : I don't know any other trick which work like this or have a common plot. This is unique to me and I like it a lot !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I like THE MOVIE so much. Very clever thought. The only part I don't too much like is the tickets. I personally think using poster like postcard type is much better.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Saw this on Ellen with Finding Dory as the reveal.

Good stuff.

He also did Double Cross but it didn't seem to fly as far as reaction goes.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Ellen with Finding Dory

Click here
abbeylane
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of abbeylane
What comes with the trick? Do you have to keep buying blank DVD's?
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2016, abbeylane wrote:

non permanent marker Smile
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, abbeylane wrote:

It's come with a blank dvd, cover, tickets ready to be used. No need to keep buying blank DVD.
abbeylane
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of abbeylane
Thanks indomagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] The Movie by Gee Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL