The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Broken Cross (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
In the 24 months following the JKF assassination many deaths occurred that have been deemed "Deaths of Convenience". The people who passed away all worked either near or around Dallas or in some way were connected to the principle names in the case, like Oswald or Ruby. All of the people had expressed that they had knowledge or information that differed from the investigation and the 'single shooter theory', and also expressed a willingness to let the truth be known.
One such person, Lee Bowers had once worked at the school book depository and found work shortly before 11/22/63 in the state department, which required travel; his wife knows of a trip he took to Cuba in early '64. He passed away in 1966 from what looked like a sudden heart attack,in his hands was clutched this old cross.
https://flic.kr/p/N64Hcw
An old hand made cross with the words "In God We Trust" clearly on both sides.

Bowers had such a strong grip on the charm the cross arms had broken off. You can still see where they used to connect.
https://flic.kr/p/N64HbE

In his pocket was a small bible, bookmarked at certain page and a small passage highlighted.
I held the old broken cross in my hands and began to read the passage.
Ezekiel 25:17
"The seekers of truth are also the seekers of that which is righteous; their pathway often wrought with comtemption and the desires of evil men. Blessed is he that will not become weary in acts of benevolence being strengthened with all POWER according to he glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience in affliction."

I opened my hand and could swear the message on the old cross had changed.
https://flic.kr/p/MXVPEf
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Great story idea. What if the words remained the same on the cross but the new words were burned into your palm? Maybe a little smoke to boot.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Thanks Wil: I left some performance stuff out just for the sake of space but I use this also in conjunction w/ a gl0r P and a little toy.
The toy ties into a common tourist knick knack out of Cuba. The glor P silk is a women's handkerchief, his wife thought it could have belonged to his mother but I supposed that he may have had a Mistress, but I do not like to speak ill of the dead and will leave that to speculation.

photo by friend2cptsolo, on Flickr
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

These 3 items will fit well into a Havana cigar box.

[img] https://flic.kr/p/MYeG2o [img]
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, friend2cptsolo wrote:
Thanks Wil: I left some performance stuff out just for the sake of space but I use this also in conjunction w/ a gl0r P and a little toy.
The toy ties into a common tourist knick knack out of Cuba. The glor P silk is a women's handkerchief, his wife thought it could have belonged to his mother but I supposed that he may have had a Mistress, but I do not like to speak ill of the dead and will leave that to speculation.

photo by friend2cptsolo, on Flickr

Love the doll.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Really nice friend2cptsolo! Does the reveal utilize a pa**le move? It sure looks like the prop would accommodate it?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Great idea!

Thank-you for sharing.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Yeah Wiz. I think it hides the move very well.... it does not look like a standard pad L and also has a good reason for being that shape aka broken cross. I aged the item and left the white coloring where the arms once went... I was very happy when I thought on that finer detail.

Thank you guys for the encouraging words... this is the newest story I wrote finding the details of the JFK events to add in authenticity has been a lot of fun. The "bible" verse acts as a incantation as the gl*rpy is rising.... I searched for elements that I wanted in a passage and came up with that "verse"...

Often when I think of these story lines I like to TRY OUT the key elements of the story with out the magic attached to see if I can even get someone interested in what I am talking about. And this was an instant HIT/ I got some good feed back.

Like I said what I posted above is the basic parts of the story. I am eager to show the effect from start to finish now and gauge out anything that I can enhance or take away.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, friend2cptsolo wrote:
Yeah Wiz. I think it hides the move very well.... it does not look like a standard pad L and also has a good reason for being that shape aka broken cross. I aged the item and left the white coloring where the arms once went... I was very happy when I thought on that finer detail.

Thank you guys for the encouraging words... this is the newest story I wrote finding the details of the JFK events to add in authenticity has been a lot of fun. The "bible" verse acts as a incantation as the gl*rpy is rising.... I searched for elements that I wanted in a passage and came up with that "verse"...

Often when I think of these story lines I like to TRY OUT the key elements of the story with out the magic attached to see if I can even get someone interested in what I am talking about. And this was an instant HIT/ I got some good feed back.

Like I said what I posted above is the basic parts of the story. I am eager to show the effect from start to finish now and gauge out anything that I can enhance or take away.

And we are anxious to hear/see the complete effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Broken Cross (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL