The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » To mentor in LA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Just to be clear... Are you ONLY looking for someone local and "young"?

Ted
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
Reading the first message, I thought he wanted someone young and female?
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Since my son performed and was a member of the Jr Magic Castle program, I wanted to help out a young lady who had a passion for stage magic. If you read the threads on this site by women, you'll immediately realize how one-sided the magic fraternity is when dealing with women. I've always appreciated what gifted female performers such as Galina and Juliana Chen brought to the art. The local LA area has hidden talent somewhere, but it's still hiding. My role over the years went from performing to coaching and now to mentor. I've had a couple of folks across the country contact me in regards to their kids benefiting from my offer. So... I've begun to try and help out via snail mail, email and telephone. Just looking for someone with passion for the art.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
The Old Man
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of The Old Man
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 09:06, wkitwizard wrote:
Since my son performed and was a member of the Jr Magic Castle program, I wanted to help out a young lady who had a passion for stage magic.

I not sure how A follows B. You've spent 4 years in this quest for fire. At this point, I'm sure you can find somebody worthy of this material. Or, in the case of the magazines, a magic club that would love to receive them.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
If no one is ever interested, I'll take them to my back yard and create a giant bonfire.
PS - Contacted the Jr. Society of Magic Castle and heard nothing.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
I would love them, but I don't qualify to your requests of being: a) a young lady OR b) local...
As far as the Magic Castle goes, I'd assume that the library has the magazines already, but you never know.
Good luck in your search.

Ted
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Jr Program of Magic Castle did contact me, and I will be donating some of my books, magazines, etc., to them - but still will hold out the large stage effects for a promising young person.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thanks to Bob at the Magic Castle Jr Program, I donated a great deal of magic and apparatus to their membership last Summer. But still have a great deal more left, including scripts, music, costumes, stage
effects, etc. Do I hear any one interested now?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » To mentor in LA (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL