The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spell-O-Matic, Big Blind Media (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
The wallet idea was just that, an idea, but any way to secretly find the name of the thought of card would do Smile

Michael640, It should still work (I think) no matter how you spell the card, you just ask them to mentally spell the value, and then the suit (or whatever procedure is needed) and the spectator would be smiling to himself/herself as they realise you spot on at each stage.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Gary,

That's a great idea, and you could definitely work that into the routine with no problems at all.

If anyone wants to try it out, I'd suggest having 2 or 3 spectators think of cards, and the last one writing it down, so that you (or even they) can spell the last card completely fairly!

Cheers dude!

Liam.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
How about openly cutting the deck as a demonstration of how a gambler would be able to cut to any card to complete a winning hand?
No concern over hiding the cutting.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Great idea Gary & another brilliant release by Liam.

Also, no billets needed for Gary's idea. He obviously means you peek the info. off the card using a peek wallet ( or any other way I you don't want to use a wallet.

Mike Donoghue
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hey magic people!

I've added a couple of tips and bits onto my blog, so if you've picked up Spell-O-Matic, check it out for some ideas Smile

https://kaymarmagic.com/blogs/news

Cheers,

Liam.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Hi,

Without exposing the method is it the same as Devin Knight's "Auto Spell Deck ?
Do your best and forget the rest
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I changed the ending to my liking by simply adding John Bannon's "Line of Sight (redux)" card peek for the final phase but without the shuffle afterwards. In short, the spectator peeks a card as you riffle the edges. Now the spectator is only thinking of his/her card but yet you still manage to find their card as before with nothing spoken. This handling of the last phase is ideal for strolling (self-contained) because it does not incorporate any extra steps or props (wallets, writing things down, removing cards from the deck etc.)that would otherwise slow things down. Regardless of your own preference, "Spell-O-Matic" was a pleasant surprise in 2016 and highly recommended.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
No, the two effects are completely different. Each has it's advantages.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
The Phoenix I wondered the same thing. Devins version is so easy and simple and devastating I've often looked at it as the ultimate spell effect. But this looks great as well. Its nice knowing you can't go wrong with either. Great minds at work!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
One of the differences with the two effects is... With Spell-O-Matic, when you spell the cards out you don't show the faces of the cards. With Auto Spell Deck, you turn the cards face up when you spell, thus showing the card are all different and in no special order.

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Ron that was one of the things that sold me on the Auto Spell Deck. I still like the idea of Spell O Matic even as a back up.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I agree Eric. I have both so doing it alternating if in a group works cool for a change up.

philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
I think this is another great release from Liam. He has a real knack for simplifying things and a great feel for routining. This does just what the advertising says and is easy to do. I particularly like the sneakiness of the third phase which 'cancels out' possible methods for the earlier ones. I've done a more detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2017/04/1......-review/
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spell-O-Matic, Big Blind Media (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL