The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » What is the Gambling Spot? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
That's it! Tommy, don't give up yet on your memory. Is this book worthy of a purchase?

Is this the old french book? Although, there is no Baccarat and the author only claims to be a card expert not a cop.

https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Sharps-Ge......02E9LXDI

Any time you need help with your computer I can assist. IF that is, you live in the US.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As I recall I think not. It was math heavy, which might have put me off. Although Calculated Cuts, playing the slug more or less, is something we have used in professional games. i.e. croupier dealt poker games, where it can be used constantly, as opposed to self-dealt games where one can only use it on one’s deal. As we said before, the ability to cut to a number is something we regard as our greatest accomplishment. I mean you, if you are good at math, might get more out of it than I could. What we used was simple.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
Very math heavy? I'm intrigued!
Is is referring to the book Jerry is asking of, or the French one, or both?
I'd love to know more, if possible, about math applied to the card table, since I've dealt with quite a bit of math in my life.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
The book that I link to was the possible "French author" Tommy had mentioned. No math.

Currently, I reading Karl Fulves "Riffle Shuffle Set-Ups", and it does have math in parts.
And then there is NIM. Of course this is starting to drift the topic.

Marcos I share your interest in math as it relates to gambling.

BTW - Poker plays a big part in game theory.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, if Gambling Card Sharps: How to Beat a Cheater, is the same book that I am thinking of, then it is math heavy, with formulas and such. I have discs with hundreds of books on. I will know better when get these discs sorted.

That Gerard Majax book is not the French book I was referring to. The one I mean is a really old book, which was written by a French cop in the Vice gambling department.

Cavaillé his "Les Filouteries du Jeu" that is that French book, me thinks.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookD......=1&pid=1
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2013, tommy wrote:
Les Filouteries du Jeu by Cavaillé

Paris, éditeur A. GHIO, 1875 (2e édition) – Reliure toile moderne, 12 cm x 19 cm, 353 pages – Texte de A. Cavaillé, ex-inspecteur principal du service de surveillance des jeux clandestins à la préfecture de police – Frontispice de Ytram - Couv en mauvais état conservée, quelques traces d’humidité sinon bon état. Bookseller Inventory # LRB1907

PDF version here:

http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/v......ILNipcn0

But it does not seem available there anymore but it will be on line somewhere.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » What is the Gambling Spot? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL