The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Super Cup by Johnny Wong (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Product description : I've never used or saw any Johnny Wong product before. It's in a famous French convention that I've seen his work and it's good ! Today, I will talk about his Super Cup in a half dollar size, this little boy is a real gem. You can do a lot of things with it but the main routine is being able to put 3 half dollar through the bottom of an aluminium cup. It looks so fair and so honest ! You can show the cup empty at all time.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $108 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a small plastic bag with inside the DVD, it's quite well made, you do understand what you need to understand. But just by watching the demo and having the gimmicked coin, you can work out the whole routine. You get the aluminium cup, it's really well made and should last a long time. You get the gimmicked coin and 6 stickers specially made for the trick, in case the one already placed wore out. I love the whole package, I think it's really well made, you won't be disappointed with it.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1oQfovvSF8

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- The stickers can wore out quite quickly but you have refills in case you want to change them.
- You will need a surface to perform the trick on.

THE PROS :
- I love that in every phase, you can show the the inside of the cup really freely, without fearing of any exposure.
- Each phase is motivated and it really looks amazing when each coin passes through the bottom of the metallic cup.
- It is quite easy to do, you just have to get the knack to set it up and then, you're good to go !
- You're not limited to only one routine, you can easily create your own once you know how it works. I've been working on a single coin through the cup, while showing both hand empty.
- The whole set seems to be classy, very elegant and would fit very well in a formal situation.
- The gimmick is really ingenious, based on the Johnny Wong's main principle, it's very well disguised for this trick.
- Johnny Wong is selling 2 small baseball ball to produce out of the cup at the end, I do think it's a very good idea as a climax.

Overall rating : I love this, it's something you won't be able to perform everywhere but when you can, it's such a good trick, such a good routine, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, again, you have to get the knack for it, but overall it's very easy, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : A similar product would be Bob's box by Bob Swadling, it's also very good !

If you liked my reviews, you can check my other ones on my website.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I was debating between Bob's Box or Johnny's Super Cup. I may end up owning both. But, for now, I've ordered the half dollar size Super Cup.

I know it's been nearly 4 years, but thank you, Alex, for the review.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Super Cup by Johnny Wong (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL