The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred by Any Other Name by John Bannon (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
weeky91
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of weeky91
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
If it isn't a "mind blower" why would you add it to your set since there are so many mind blowers that could take it's place? AH, because YOU like the effect? Smile

I added it to one of my casual sets, too, especially because it isn't a "mind blower", but a good solid trick. In my opinion you need some "middle pieces" for relaxation, so there is no "mind blower" after "mind blower". It is solid nice piece of magic, I like it
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
I love John Bannon's work but this trick is, for me, not one of his strongest. I don't seem to resonate with the plot and the idea of losing the card in the deck only to have the spectator fish it out again strikes me as odd and awkward.

That said, the much-mentioned move is good one. It is an improvement on an old Marlo sleight, and I will certainly use this version, which is much more subtle, in effects where the Marlo move works well. Indeed, the move really DOES have wide applicability, as advertised, and is perfect for any situation where you need to know the identity of a selection without needing to control the card itself. This of course is of great use in card mentalism and other interesting revelations. I plan to use it in Simon Aronson's excellent Shuffle Tracking effect, which is a novel way of revealing a selection AND executing a deck switch at the same time!

So there is stuff from this video I will use, so I don't completely begrudge spending the 10 bucks. But I just don't think I will be doing the main trick. I can't get invested in it, and if can't get enthusiastic about something, it is best I leave it to others.

Les
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred by Any Other Name by John Bannon (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL