The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Out of this world (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
I know Luke Jermay is not "popular" here in the Café (if you know what I mean), but I really like his method of the OOTW.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
There are so many methodologies for separating reds from blacks. Unless you use a stripper deck they are mostly going to require a set up.

However the most baffling from the spectator's (and the performer's!) point of view is to use the Gilbreath principle. Don't just stick to playing cards. Explore a more interesting presentation with any dualistic parameter such as positive/negative energies in tarot or dead and alive with photos etc...
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Interesting...using the Gilbreath Principle for this effect. I will have to experiment with this idea.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
One final hint is to consider utilising a marked deck to your advantage in conjunction with the employment of the Gilbreath Principle. Then you will be potentially be able to create a real miracle!

Another potentially baffling approach to an O.O.T.W presentation is to use a 'one off' methodology where the spectator is offered a red/black pair each time or so they think! It all seems so fair and half way through the remainder of the cards can be cleanly shown to all be in alternating red/ black sequence. However of course a subtle force is in play prior to this.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
In my obviously biased opinion the best way to "create a real miracle" is to do something like my Out Of This Universe WITH A BORROWED AND SHUFFLED (so far as the audience is concerned)DECK. Which you can also do (with a REALLY shuffled deck) with my Impromptu Out Of This World - both of these as I published/taught quite a few decades ago.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I've been doing both of Harry's versions for years.... no need to change now eh ? I've played with Ammar's, David Regal's, and Eugene Burger's ...all good but seem to always come back to the Lorayne handling.

PS: Can't wait for Jaw Droppers II Harry ! WHEN, WHEN ? ;-)
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Working toward Sept/Oct., MitchC. If you're on my email mailing list you'll be notified when the book is ready (I email a copy of the full-page ad). If you're not on my email list - send your email address to me at harrylorayne@earthlink.net and I'll put you on it.

jeffthemediocre
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jeffthemediocre
I love mr lorayne's out of this universe...i have been doing it for decades and it really pleases the crowds...thumbs up
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Interesting...using the Gilbreath Principle for this effect. I will have to experiment with this idea.

Believe me, it's been done. And yes, it's a great tool for OOTW.
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
Juan Tamariz teaches an effect called "Neither Blind Nor Stupid," which has the cards almost entirely in the hands of the audience.
The deck, which begins in a setup, is cut, shuffled and tooled about by two audience members and then there's a great reveal at the end.
The real beauty of this trick, is it leaves the performer with two things:

1. an audience who believes the cards are truly mixed
2. a deck in perfect setup for "Out of this World."

I feel, at least as I have performed them, that each of these tricks is made better by the other and almost no physical interaction from me is required with the cards. It's only storytelling and audience management.

Hope this is helpful?

Best,
-a
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
You might want to look up my impromptu version called Blown Further Away (Juan's original version original appeared in APOCALYPSE - decades ago.) Do a bit of research.

KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Love Mr. Lorayne's version.. I got a book a long time ago on this effect it was by The Magic Apple it has so many different versions on this effect. This is a classic card magic trick that is a fooler.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, KokoB wrote:
Love Mr. Lorayne's version.. I got a book a long time ago on this effect it was by The Magic Apple it has so many different versions on this effect. This is a classic card magic trick that is a fooler.

Do you remember the name of the book?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
MitchC - You posted above - "Can't wait for Jaw Droppers II Harry ! WHEN, WHEN ? ;-)" " "'When" has been for quite a while now - but have yet to receive an order from a "Mitch" with surname beginning with C from Ventura, CA. Book is heading toward "sold out." Shall I continue to hold a copy aside for you, MitchC?

Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
One of the routines in my next book is an OOTW. It is completely impromptu, and circumvents all of the usual concerns about conventional approaches. Simply put, the spectator really decides which cards go into which packets, and there’s no discrepancy or cleanup needed at the end. Plus, it’s completely self-working. If you liked “A Pale Blue”, you’ll like this one even more. It’s called “The Trick That Would’ve Fooled Einstein”. It’s not related to the traditional “Trick That Fooled Einstein”, but I have certain reasons for choosing that title that relate to the script.
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
One of the routines in my next book is an OOTW. It is completely impromptu, and circumvents all of the usual concerns about conventional approaches. Simply put, the spectator really decides which cards go into which packets, and there’s no discrepancy or cleanup needed at the end. Plus, it’s completely self-working. If you liked “A Pale Blue”, you’ll like this one even more. It’s called “The Trick That Would’ve Fooled Einstein”. It’s not related to the traditional “Trick That Fooled Einstein”, but I have certain reasons for choosing that title that relate to the script.

You can't just hype us up like that without giving a release date for your next book! Will it be released before Christmas?
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, MrEmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:

You can't just hype us up like that without giving a release date for your next book! Will it be released before Christmas?

Unfortunately, I think it’s unlikely. This book is going to be pretty large in scope, and willl take me some time to finish.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Karmpusnacht by Dan Baines at lebanon circle is by far my favorite. Very hard to find but who says you can't come up with your own theme? With Krampusnacht the good children are seperated from the naughty children. Love it!!!!!

https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collecti......pusnacht
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Out of this world (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL