The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Back down the rabbit hole... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

avasatu
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of avasatu
Hello all!

I am a 26 year old Ph.D student in mathematics. I used to study card magic for around 5-8 hours a day for a few years, and then life got in the way. I have a renewed passion and interest after discovering a plethora of card techniques and principles of which I was previously unaware. Glad I can finally join this site!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome avasatu,

Are you into the Math based Card branches?

I'm guessing that the 5 to 8 hour days were more about the moves and flourishes.

Welcome back to Magic.

-Mary Mowder
avasatu
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of avasatu
I am currently into memorized deck work and other "principle-based" type work (Undo, Shuffle-bored, patterning, clocking, etc.). I am at a point where I want to be as hands off and undecipherable as possible, and I want to use my God-given brain power!

Yes, back in the day I did nothing but various doubles, passes, diagonal shifts, etc. I was into flourishing for about 6 months, mastered some decent cuts, but it didn't attract me. I am not saying that sleight based magic doesn't interest me any longer, but I do not enjoy it nearly as much as what I am doing right now, and I am sure I'll return to it!

Do you have any good recommendations for "math based card branches?"

Thanks for your reply!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Back down the rabbit hole... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL