The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where to find prop coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
I have an act coming up in 5 weeks and it would be greatly enhanced if I could find a replica of a Roman coin, even if it is in plastic. I want to produce and vanish money from the time of Christ.

Any ideas where I could find such a coin?

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ebay
museums
replicas are available
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
Wow!

I didn't know that there was such a market for ancient coin replicas.

Thanks for the pointers guys!

Richard
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, genuine Roman coins from that era are plentiful and not extremely expensive. You can find them at http://biblicalmites.com/

Why use a fake, when you can get the real thing?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
Well, that's another option then... I didn't think the real thing would be affordable. In any case, I needed that information too (that was my next step) because my character claims its dollar value nowadays. Would make it eerie even for me to produce a coin out of nowhere and out of history... For real! But the price is higher than what I wanted to invest in this act... I'll have to think about it but it sure is tempting...

BTW Bill, I sent you a couple of PMs but your mailbox is said to be full... Is there a bug in the program or are you too popular? Smile

Richard
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I have bought several lots of roman coins in the various acutions, most end up costing about $2-4 us each. If you want a real one, let me know(I surely have spares!)-biggest problem you will find is they are not very large, maybe 1/2 inch across, if you get a good one. Also, hard to tell what is on them from their time in the ground, some images visible, but othersise just a little blob of flattened metal!I have a dentist/jeweler who make replica coins for me.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where to find prop coins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL