The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Table Tipping (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
I have really freaked out people with my Floating Table, yes it requires a little help, its a heavy repro victorian mahogany circular
3 legged table, I get six people to put there outstretched hand flat onto the table top,alongside my own hand, in a similar same manner as the David Berglas effect, except I join in with them, as a convincer.
I copied Berglas's idea of getting them all to drum there fingertips onto the table top.When that table rises up four feet in the air, and then I remove my hand from it, and it stays suspended mid air, WOW, an awesome effect that knocks people out, and they never ever work it out.
I love this one.

Steve
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
The ultimate is being able to make it waltz across the floor in the hands of the assisting spectators without any help Smile
Mark
E.O.I
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 14:41, markthorold wrote:
The ultimate is being able to make it waltz across the floor in the hands of the assisting spectators without any help Smile
Mark

And that is what I have been looking for resources about. No luck yet.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
PM sent will sort this out or you hopefully .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Hey Marko, if you can improve my version pm me plz.

Steve
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Cant improve on floating Steve...Im not God Smile
Mark
E.O.I
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

And I thought you were Marko. - ahh well I guess you cant't teach me anything more then!

Steve
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Guess you must be right Steve .What more could you need than a float ?
E.O.I
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I seem to remember a Kreskin episode that had table turning/sliding/walking on it. He had 6 or 8 folding card tables set up on stage and had audience members come down and 4 or 5 around each table with just finger tips resting atop the tables. By the end of the segment tables were spinning and sliding all over the stage.

If you have NetFlix I believe it is on one of 3 DVDs.

Cheers
Frank
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

A link here to YouTube clip of David Berglas performing the Floating Table, this has to be the best ever version of this effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB0n4Ur97L8

Steve
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I'm currently reading "Buckland's Book of Spirit Communications". There is a chapter just on table tipping/floating. A few interesting pictures. I just quickly skimmed that chapter, and have yet to get into in depth, but it does cover some of the methodology used.

Cheers
Frank
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
343 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest that you check out Bob Cassidy's Seance CD/Teleconference. He goes into table tipping/sliding and some tips to make it more effective.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The Berglas floating table is a very nice trick. But in looking at that clip was amazed by something. I always thought the English were very proper people, and yet there are only two men at that table wearing jackets. They are right across from each other at the table. As I say, this surprised me. I was much less surprising to see only two Americans wearing coats when Copperfield did the trick.

Quote:
On 2011-05-06 02:20, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
A link here to YouTube clip of David Berglas performing the Floating Table, this has to be the best ever version of this effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB0n4Ur97L8

Steve
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

No jacket required,- long sleeve shirt yes.

Steve
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Dig deep in the old books and the same float can be achieved with all helpers sleeves rolled up if required .Definately a case of "no jacket required " .Same effect different equiptment . But waht would I know lol ?
Mark
E.O.I
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Quote:
On 2005-02-25 13:21, Osiris wrote:
For around $40.00 (if I recall correctly) Stevens Magic (gesh, they need to start paying me a commission for all the plugs I give them) has a very cool "device" that permits you to actually levitate a table... it's very cool and loads of fun if you have any level of imagination.

Does anyone know what this device was and where to get it?
Steven's Magic doesn't seem to have it anymore. Is anyone able to PM me with what the device was?”
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Table Tipping (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL