The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OX Bender by Menny Lendenfeld (286 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
Agree. I sold my Coinvexed and never looked back. I haven’t performed it 100s of times, but definitely twenty or so lol. Question for you, as far as the load, what’s your method / misdirection?

I uncap the sharpie and hold the cap in either hand while one of my hands is holding the OX. After they are done signing the coin I literally take back the coin and place it directly into the OX, hand them the cap and tell them to cap the pen. While they are capping the pen I do the dirty work. Take the coin out from the OX with the empty hand, take back the sharpie with the hand holding OX and put sharpie (and OX) in pocket. What I have found with OX is that the audience is not looking for anything because I don't say what's going to happen until the sharpie (and OX) is placed in my pocket. So you are very far ahead and left with concentrating on your presentation.
IMO, every magician who has performed has been caught one time or another with something. I can honestly say, for me, I have never been caught using the OX. I think it's because the spectator(s) don't know what you are going to do with the coin until after everything is done and away.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2023, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Agree. I sold my Coinvexed and never looked back. I haven’t performed it 100s of times, but definitely twenty or so lol. Question for you, as far as the load, what’s your method / misdirection?

I uncap the sharpie and hold the cap in either hand while one of my hands is holding the OX. After they are done signing the coin I literally take back the coin and place it directly into the OX, hand them the cap and tell them to cap the pen. While they are capping the pen I do the dirty work. Take the coin out from the OX with the empty hand, take back the sharpie with the hand holding OX and put sharpie (and OX) in pocket. What I have found with OX is that the audience is not looking for anything because I don't say what's going to happen until the sharpie (and OX) is placed in my pocket. So you are very far ahead and left with concentrating on your presentation.
IMO, every magician who has performed has been caught one time or another with something. I can honestly say, for me, I have never been caught using the OX. I think it's because the spectator(s) don't know what you are going to do with the coin until after everything is done and away.

This is brilliant and so simple. Thanks RNK!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2023, RNK wrote:
Quote:

This is brilliant and so simple. Thanks RNK!

Most welcome. I find it's very strange because it's not like the ox is super small along with the described handling being somewhat bold but honestly no one has ever seen it when doing the handling as described. I hope it works for you as well!
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Holding the pen cap is what makes the difference for me. Makes the grip of the hand natural, then loading while grabbing the cap… yeah, I think that’s the missing info I was looking for. Doing walk around at a yacht party next month. Can’t wait to blow minds. Thanks again.
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Ox bender is fantastic. Unfortunately I found most UK coins far too hard to bend which is a great shame.

BW

Steve
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Holding the pen cap is what makes the difference for me. Makes the grip of the hand natural, then loading while grabbing the cap… yeah, I think that’s the missing info I was looking for. Doing walk around at a yacht party next month. Can’t wait to blow minds. Thanks again.

Let us know how it goes after your gig!
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Good evening, thank you very much for your comments, to say that I received the OXBender today, to say that the first impression was, wow, what a good product. How well it is manufactured, and what a smarter way to make a product, I think that of the existing ones, it is without a doubt, the one that is in a position that is physiologically the strongest, that is, the hand grip itself.
It reminds me so much of the sales docks to gain strength in the hands, hehehe...

Regarding coins, I have tried 2, 5, 10 and 20 ct Euro coins, and even a 1 ct one, hahaha... which, being so small, can escape.

The 2, 5 in one hand, pure butter, giving me the same right as left, the 10ct in two hands, and the 20ct in one hand, I still have to try the 50ct.

To say that I have tried to grab the same one, both from the right side, horns down, and from the other way around, horns up, seems even more efficient to me.

Please note that my hands are not large in size, rather normal, and he himself is perfectly hidden, which is why some criticism I have read surprises me, I imagine that his hands are perhaps child size, it could be.

Regarding how it looks in the hand, I think that the product is so intelligent that even holding it makes it remain in a very natural, open, and not closed, posture.

Regarding the texture, it has not slipped for me, and I have noticed that it is well held when applying force.

Please note that my rating is 5 out of 5....

and if I compare it with the Coinvexed, and consequently the Quantum Bander, I think that the position is, without a doubt, the most intelligent and conducive to being able to exert force, as well as even to disguise the moment in which you do the same on the coin. .

Besides, putting the coin into the device is done very quickly, and is even natural...

I think I will sell the Coinvexed 3, which by the way, one of them, I just purchased 3 days ago, since I had lost the first unit I had of it.

Greetings, and thank RNK for sharing this methodology on how to do the order of the coin folding routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OX Bender by Menny Lendenfeld (286 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL