The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I find this Shoelace for my Ring routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Hi Guys is somebody know where I can buy shoelaces like the one on the picture ...Thanks

Click here to view attached image.
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Hi Thanks
but those are flat ...no space inside
Japanese Thoughts
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
The ones in your picture look just as flat - or at least are likely two layers, so you could insert something, and have them rounder.
These also look rounder: https://www.amazon.com/Rastaclat-Checker......oe+laces

Otherwise, you have to specifiy what, specifically, your requirements are, because that picture you linked isn't a very good one.
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Thanks. here is more detail info: the lace have to be 35" (90cm) and yes two layers are need it to insert something inside
Japanese Thoughts
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Once you insert something inside, how are you going to seal them up again?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have worn shoes with shoestring all my life, from your lack of knowledge on the subject, from your comments above, I take you have not.

All cloth shoe laces are tubes of material. They are then flattened. You can go shopping to stores like Wal-Mart and shoe repair stores to look for the newer loud designs that were popular a year so ago. They were all the rage among the young people that work sneakers and high tops. Novelty stores also sell these as well as shoe stores. If you have a mall in your area, it might be good to visit it, they need the business these days.

The harder item to find will be the flat magnets that attract by the ends. Then you will need the special formalized rope stiffener, that will allow for a very clean cut.

It might be easier to just buy the trick shoelace already prepared.
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Bill, you'd be surprised what they sell as shoelaces these days. I biugh some at Wal-Mart, think that they must be tubes that could be opened --- I was wrong! I bought some at a sporting goods store, and although they looked like they were maded from tubes, I was never able to open them.

Skill, try this site: <https://www.amazon.com/YFINE-Colorful-Hollow-Shoelaces-Sneakers/dp/B018B6Z33I?th=1&psc=1>. This place has laces that actually ARE made from tubes which can opened.

Murf
RitalDino
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RitalDino
Your local shoes store should have plenty, I'd guess. You'll be able to ask the people there and try a few. If you go in saying you need them for a magic routine, then show something if asked, you should have all the help and info you need Smile
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Ok Guys Thanks everyone for the comments ...I already found it ...one more time Thanks to all
Japanese Thoughts
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2017, SKILL wrote:
Ok Guys Thanks everyone for the comments ...I already found it ...one more time Thanks to all

Is there a link to what you got? And how do you seal the shoelace once opened to look right? Any sources to proper size of what goes inside would be great. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I find this Shoelace for my Ring routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL