The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » #285 VAPR WATCH - WHIPLASH - CONSCIOUS MAGIC EPISODE 2 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
#285 World Product Review for January 15, 2017

On this week's Wizard Product Review with David Penn & Sean Heydon take a look at:

VAPR Watch by Sansminds

Whiplash by Josh Janousky, Get it here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/whiplash-by-josh-janousky/

Conscious Magic Episode 2 with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard, Get it here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/conscious-......-gerard/
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
23 mins and Penn was saying they were running out of time and rushed through the last bit

They never have a worker of the week any more
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, The Duster wrote:
23 mins and Penn was saying they were running out of time and rushed through the last bit

What do you mean "Never". They just offered a Worker of the Week in last weeks Show!

I am convinced that these offerings are products that they only have a few left, and this is one way they can get rid of the final few items. Or they have been very slow selling items. It is understandable that as fast as products are dumped on dealers, they just don't have the room to keep all the stock on hand.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, The Duster wrote:

What do you mean "Never". They just offered a Worker of the Week in last weeks Show!

I am convinced that these offerings are products that they only have a few left, and this is one way they can get rid of the final few items. Or they have been very slow selling items. It is understandable that as fast as products are dumped on dealers, they just don't have the room to keep all the stock on hand.

Yeah - I was rather unimpressed with the 'free' worker of the week - that I 'forgot'

it's just all the old episodes seem to have worker of the week offers - and of the lastf our or five episodes [other than the previous week] there haven't been any...

still think 23 mins is short - so don't get him hurrying up at the end... and not sure it matters if an episode is 23mins or 43mins - so the panic of it 'running long' felt weird... like Penn just needed the toilet or something
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
That watch is gigantic. Why not wear a hubcap on your wrist? I get that big blingy (do kids still use that word?) are in right now but even for a big watch...it's BIG! I have a tough time believing that it would not be called into question by spectators.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, pepka wrote:
That watch is gigantic. Why not wear a hubcap on your wrist? I get that big blingy (do kids still use that word?) are in right now but even for a big watch...it's BIG! I have a tough time believing that it would not be called into question by spectators.

It's the three wind up bits - that looked stupidly large and unrealistic to me

But I never wear a watch - so haven't a clue as to if it looks 'normal' - but to my eyes it screamed prop
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Love the matching phone.

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, it is gigantic, and as a sports watch, would not look very good with dress jacket. It does tell the time, so it would not be called a prop.

It does fit the desire of the members on the Café, an everyday object people recognize. As for being under suspicions, that would only happen if you are so proud of your new watch, that you say, "Hey, everybody, see my new $500 smoke watch!".

From the comments, it comes with a number of smoke tricks, which I believe is a big mistake. Over using the smoke feature will make people wonder were it is coming from. At least now you can take your jacket off and let the ladies check you out. That may be a good thing. Smile
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
956 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
I agree with Bill on most aspects of the watch. It may be more apt for a younger generation magician. I or some of us of the later generation era would be asked ...why have you strapped your clock to your wrist,are your eyes really that bad ! Smile

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did David Penn get the cheap version? On the show he has a plastic black watch, and in the video it show a gold tone watch.

I think a matching un-gimmicked watch should be included, so you can wear it everyday, and it will not look like you are only wearing it for magic performances. Not doing so will only draw suspicion.

Never say, when asked to do that smoke trick you performed previously, "I forgot my watch", or "I left my watch at home".Smile

Once you start wearing it, it should be an everyday item, or at least when you are anywhere near where you perform regularly.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I agree with everything that's been said about the VAPR Watch, but will add that this is just right for just the right customer. I love watches. I have about a dozen, and would like to have more, but quality watches are expensive. I tend to wear a different watch to work every day...I'm a designer, so this is not out of the norm. Thick watches are trendy right now as they are anti-tech, yet still tech, so they fall into the hipster cool category. Long story short, these watches have a definite place and are simply awesome for the right buyers.

Sidenote...Bill...me...and probably most folks that populate this site...we are "old." We need to look at these props in a fair light. They will probably not be used in a cabaret setting on a cruise ship. They will be used at a rave, or at a frat, or a dorm, or some other situation that I can't describe, but will be received with offerings to the gods. This prop is truly incredible on a technological and magical level.

Magic development is awesome right now. I wish I was young and just starting out, and had an opportunity to use some of these devices. My God. I would have been a magic stud.

And with that, he settled down with his single malt scotch, and fell into a deep sleep thinking that maybe, just maybe, he could have been someone. Someone who used smoke effectively. Oz, out.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Magicrcook
View Profile
New user
Cleveland Ohio
20 Posts

Profile of Magicrcook
Hope that it does not break as you will be stuck with it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » #285 VAPR WATCH - WHIPLASH - CONSCIOUS MAGIC EPISODE 2 (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL