The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A brilliiant gaffed trick - which I've forgotten how to do ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neophyte
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Neophyte
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question - but I can't find anywhere else. (If it is in the wrong place, hopefully it can be moved.)

This is a bit of a long shot, but I’m hoping someone can help me. About 10 years ago, I downloaded the instructions for a wonderful playing card/mentalism effect. It was a free download generously gifted by its creator. I think it may have been Paul Harris (Art of Astonishment etc), but I’m no longer sure. You have to gaff the cards by writing on them.

I used to perform it regularly, then stopped for some reason. A few days ago, while going through one of my card collections, I came across the made-up pack but, for the life of me, cannot remember how the trick works.

I’ve drawn a ‘Two of Hearts’ symbol on the card box itself, so that has some part to play. I seem to recall that, having had some cards chosen, they could be turned over to show a word. (There are letters on the backs of most of the cards. (Though the Two of Hearts is one of the cards that doesn’t have a letter printed on the back.)

Does this ring any bells with anyone? It may be that the link is still available somewhere, or one of you may know the trick and can PM me.

Many thanks – and fingers crossed!

James
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Sounds like the Anything Deck by Paul Harris. It's in The Art of Astonishment books. I believe it's volume 3 page 23. This trick later spawned into Deep Astonishment 1, 2 and Deep 3. The original Deep Astonishment was my favorite version.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Magic Word (Anything Deck) performed by Joane Dukore:

https://youtu.be/Ef1yvydChbs

Darko
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » A brilliiant gaffed trick - which I've forgotten how to do ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL