The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 347: Bob Kohler - The Man Behind the Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
In this second installment of the "Las Vegas Chronicles", we leave Stan Allen's offices to visit the home and studio of Bob Kohler. Bob has been a long time friend and quite knowledgeable on so many subjects. In the 1980's I used to consult him about video editing and software and hardware he was using. I always admired his mad skills as s close-up worker and with coins in particular. He manufactured special set of coins with a limited run (Ultimate Three Fly) and continued to make more, short-run, pro line items that will be in high demand by the collectors some day. But for now, they are sought after by the professionals. One of his products we talk about on this week's podcast is the (now out of circulation and unavailable) Bob Fitch Hold-Out. Bob Kohler has some interesting stories about this product as well as many of the other things he created.

Bob was one of the top trade show workers, too, until 9/11 when he suffered the loss of friends and clients and his business never regained the pre-9/11 level. Bob was also one of the magicians on staff of the Brook Farm Inn of Magic in the early 1980's along with Bob Sheets, Steve Spill, Eddie Goldstien, and many others.

You can view a video of Bob performing one of his tricks (Aces in Their Faces), read the blog, see some photos, listen to the podcast online and download the MP3 files at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......b-kohler

I strongly urge you to visit the blog this week to read the statement from Daryl's widow, Alison. Daryl was a close friend and business partner of Bob Kohler and he will be missed by the entire magic community. But Alison corrects some of fake news stories that are out there and she sheds some light on the incident and Daryl's state of mind. They did not have life insurance so the family is requesting the those who can help to please visit their website at http://daryl.net where your purchases with help offset their funeral expenses. Aloha, old friend.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 347: Bob Kohler - The Man Behind the Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL