The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Florida Close-Up/Parlor Conference & Competition May 12th through 14th 2017 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Fellow Wand Wielding Wizards

I am sending this information to all of my magic friends. If you know me, there is a good chance that you enjoy magic and love magic as much as I do. If so, please read on. After a year away from magic due to my seriously broken arm and wrist injury, I am back! This will be the first convention that I perform at since my accident. It feels great getting back to work. Plus I will be available to session every night. I hope to see you there.

The Florida Close-Up/Parlor Conference and Competition is less than two months away. It will be three days and nights of teaching, learning, competing, and sharing our passion for magic. This will be one convention not to be missed. Plus, if the performer/lecturer line up is not enough, check out the special guests. Jon Racherbaumer and John Cornelius. John Cornelius has not worked a magic convention in 15 years. If I was not already performing and lecturing, I would come to this event just to see John again. In alphabetical order, the performer, lecturer, and special guest list is; Jon Armstrong, Brent Braun, John Cornelius, Chastain Criswell, Mark Fitzgerald, Dan Fleshman, Antony Gerard, Paul Hallas, Jafo, Kostya Kimlat, Nathan Coe Marsh, Jon Racherbaumer, Dan Stapleton, and Jim Vines. This convention also offers great competitions on the schedule. Both adult and youth competitions with $2,500.00 in cash prizes and beautiful trophies. For more information go to, MagicPalooza.org

For those interested in my Idiosyncratic Classic Force, I will be teaching the technique at my 90 minute lecture during the convention. In this post, I will include two short video clips of myself performing my Idiosyncratic Classic Force. One for J C Wagner, who attended one of my lectures, and the second during my lecture in Toulon France. I hope that you enjoy the video's. Watch the one with J C Wagner just to see his expressions. They are priceless! Plus, check out my routine at Timeline #133 in the Toulon France video clip. It shows my force being done face up.

There is also a Magic Café forum titled, "A Card Force To Lose Sleep Over" if you would like to hear what others have said about my "Idiosyncratic Classic Force" and my book, "Magic Behind Bars" that contains my "Idiosyncratic Classic Force".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zocfnx1Ggcs

CONFERENCE ANTHONY GERARD.wmv

www.youtube.com

CONFERENCE D'ANTHONY GERARD CHEZ ALI NOUIRA A L'AMF-SHOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZkgetXy4A8

Antony Gerard - Idiosyncratic Classic Force

www.youtube.com

Antony Gerard demonstrates his Idiosyncratic Classic Force by forcing cards on J.C. Wagner 47 times in a row. His reactions are priceless.

Thank you for your time
Antony Gerard
Antony Gerard Magic
AntonyGerard.com
PS; I will also be performing, for the first time, my new routine, "Mirror-Mirror"
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
This is some additional information sent to me by Dan Stapleton

A. Florida Close-Up/Parlour Conference & Competition (FCCC)
B. May 12-14, Orlando-North/Maitland Sheraton Hotel
C. Night Before Get-Together, May 12
D. "An Evening with Jon Racherbaumer & Friends" May 12
E. Lectures, Seminars, Shows, Dealers, Awards Banquet
F. Convention Registration...only $139.pp
H. Kids' under age 12 Free (1 per paid parent)
I. One-Day registration only $75.
J. Full Refund (less $10 admin fee) until May 12.
K. Hotel Rooms only $94....Free Parking & No Resort Fee
L. Only 200 hotel rooms available (99 rooms left) at the special FCCC price. (last year we sold out at 300)....must book by April 15th for special rate.
M. *$2500 total cash Prizes (plus trophies) (*see contest rules)
N. Contest entry deadline April 1st.
O. No Contest entry fee!
P. 1000 magic magazines give-away (May 12)
Q. Dealer Show is back!
R. Awards Banquet, Sunday, May 14...7:00pm ($33...no need to leave the hotel for dinner, then rush back for the show)
S. Evening Show-only tickets available for May 13 & 14 shows ($20. each) (Shows included in registration)
T. All lectures and shows projected on large screens for better viewing
U. Free souvenir FCCC poster & Reserved seating (Sat. evening show) for 1st 50 registrations
V. Restaurant Magic Forum & Strolling Magic Forum
W. Penn & Teller Fool-Us forum with "the stars who fooled them".
X. Hotel has one of the coolest Irish Pubs around!
Y. Mother's Day Brunch with Strolling table side magic
Z.visit www.magicpalooza.org for all details, registration and all performers

"A" through "Z" this will be one of the best magic conventions you could attend in 2017. I look forward to seeing many of you there for some fun in the sun.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
During my lecture, I will not only teach my Idiosyncratic Classic Force technique, I will also show and teach many applications and routines to go with it. Plus, I will teach a few "Outs" and alternatives.

My goal is, to give those who already do a good Classic, a few additional ideas and routines. For those who do not yet perform the Classic, I will walk you through my techniques and give many ideas, techniques, and routines to help you start on your way.

I will strive to make this a lecture where all the attendees will walk away with new insights, techniques, applications, and routines.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Exciting news for the Florida Close-Up/Parlor Conference & Competition in Orlando-North/Maitland Sheraton Hotel on May 12th through 14th. John Cornelius, two time FISM winner, will be having his own show and lecture during the convention, not seen in fifteen years!
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Florida Close-Up/Parlor Conference & Competition schedule (May 12th through 14th)

Friday, May 12, 2017

1:00pm-10:00pm....Registration opens...Phoenix foyer

6:00pm...Dealers Show...Galaxy I (I, Antony Gerard, will be performing my "Can you hear me now? routine)

7:00pm...Welcome Reception including cash bar, 1000 magazine give-away, souvenir poster signing...Dealer's room/Phoenix foyer

7:00pm-8:30pm...Dealer's Open...Atlas/Orion

9:00pm....An Evening with John Cornelius...Galaxy I

Saturday, May 13, 2017

8:00am-12noon...Registration Opens...Phoenix foyer

10:00am...Restaurant & Strolling magic Forum (Greg Solomon)...Galaxy II

9:00am-6:00pm...Dealers Open...Atlas/Orion

1:00pm-6:00pm...Registration Open...Phoenix foyer

12:00 noon...Paul Hallas Lecture "Magic From The Overground' -Easy to do commercial routines...Galaxy II

2:30pm...Dan Stapleton Lecture: "Cards As Theatre" or..."Six Trix That Kill"

(If you don't like card tricks...think again!)...Galaxy IV

4:00pm...Chastain Criswell Lecture: "From the Stall"...Galaxy II

5:30pm...Antony Gerard Lecture: "Magic Behind Bars" which includes "The Idiosyncratic Classic Force"...Galaxy IV (This is my Idiosyncratic Classic Force lecture)

7:00pm-8:30pm...Registration Open, show tickets on sale...Phoenix foyer

8:30pm...Evening Show (Jim Vines, Mark Fitzgerald, Jafo, Dan Fleshman, Chastain Criswell, Paul Hallas, Kostya Kimlat, Jim Moody-MC)...Galaxy II or IV

Sunday, May 14, 2017

8:00am-12noon...Registration Opens...Phoenix foyer

8:30am...Contests check-in... Galaxy II

9:00am-6:00pm...Dealers Open...Atlas/Orion

9:00am...Close-Up/Parlour contest...Galaxy II

10:30am...A Morning with Penguin Magic's Brent Braun...Galaxy IV

1:00pm-6:00pm...Registration Open...Phoenix foyer

1:00pm...John Armstrong Lecture "Making Tricks in Magic"...Galaxy II

2:30pm...Kostya Kimlat Lecture...Galaxy IV

4:00pm...Dan Fleshman Lecture..."Every Table is a Stage". Restaurant performance to the next level...Customer Service...Galaxy II

5:30pm...Penn & Teller Fool-Us Forum (Kostya Kimlat, Jon Armstrong, Nathan Coe Marsh, Brent Braun, Jafo)...Galaxy IV

7:00pm-8:30pm...Registration Open, show tickets on sale...Phoenix foyer

7:00pm...Banquet...Galaxy I (Must have Banquet ticket)

8:15pm...Doors open for non-Banquet show attendees...Galaxy I

8:30pm...Evening Show (Jon Armstrong, Nathan Coe Marsh, Antony Gerard [some of my favorite close-up and parlor routines], and the Top-3 contestants)...Galaxy I

I look forward to seeing many of you soon in sunny Florida for some fun in the sun!
Antony Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Florida Close-Up/Parlor Conference & Competition May 12th through 14th 2017 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL