The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Memory Arts - Tamariz Edition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hello guys Smile

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ry-arts/

Do you have any thoughts on this one?

Sounds very good!

Olivier Boës
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I bought this and learnt the stack in a couple of days.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, reignofsound wrote:

So you really loved it right?
Easy to remember then
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, Ceierry wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, reignofsound wrote:

So you really loved it right?
Easy to remember then

Yes, defo worth a purchase.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I have this. This method has some advantages, but some BIG disadvantages as well. If you want to use a mem-deck at the full extent, search for something else.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
What are the BIG disadvantages?
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
For one you can't easily recall the position of a given card.
Position -> Card OK
Card -> Position, Not OK
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, paperinick wrote:
For one you can't easily recall the position of a given card.
Position -> Card OK
Card -> Position, Not OK

I can manage pretty easily?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I understand they will be releasing follow-up books with a full range of work for all 52 cards (instead of doubling up I guess). That could be good.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
That would require doubling the loci. At this point more traditional techniques become comparable
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Good to know. All the reviews for this product on the Vanishing Inc. website are very positive and give it five stars, with the exception of this two star review which brings up the negative points similar to the ones mentioned above:

"The visual method to the learning the Memory Path is great. It works. I can see it and remember it easily. What is beyond my comprehension is why a $25 pdf which claims to provide a visual system to remember a 52 card stack (Mnemonica) only offers 26 images on the Memory path and not 52 images. I think having to remember 2 cards at for each Memory Path number is lazy and misleading on the part of the author. I should not have to remember card stack number 1 and 2 on Memory Path image 1 and then do some math. Seriously. The Memory path provides a visual cue as to its number. Why are there not 52 images on the Memory Path? I would say this is a great book to remember a half stack. I would be happy to get the other 26 images for number 27 to 52 or half my money back."

Knowing that makes it feel like an incomplete product and does slightly dampen the enthusiasm I had for using this as my primary resource to learn Mneumonica.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Phatmeat that reviewer totally misunderstands the method. He suggests that it was lazy to not do 52 images.... well that would make it harder not easier to learn the stack. I get the sense this person did not even bother reading the book but went right to the pictures, because if he did he would not need to ask a question that is answered within the pages "Why are there not 52 images on the Memory Path?".
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Whatever method you use to learn the stack in the beginning is irrelevant. Once you got the information saved in your brain it is only a matter of how you practice the stack, hence in the long run we all will be able to say the position of a card or vice versa.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
I purchased this and read it all the way through. I agree with the reviewer on Vanishing Inc. I didn't like the extra steps involved once you'd linked two cards to a number between 1 and 26, of having to multiply that number by two, then work out if your particular card was off by one, and if so, remembering whether I should be adding a 1 or subtracting a 1. In the end I simply learnt the 50 Paralabs Picturecards and linked the playing cards to those images. I found that a much easier solution, and it has the added bonus that I can also perform effects with the Picturecards as well, and can fairly easily memorise any other list of 50 items. Every time I perform or practice using the memorised deck, I'm also reinforcing the Picturecards in my memory.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Memory Arts - Tamariz Edition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL